in Bezirk Hinterland of Canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Switzerland
- St Gallen Altenrhein Airport (15 mi)
- Hohenems-Dornbirn Airport (20 mi)
- Friedrichshafen Airport (22 mi)
- Zürich Airport (35 mi)
- Buochs Airport (50 mi)
- Donaueschingen-Villingen Airport (54 mi)
- Memmingen Allgau Airport (61 mi)
- Samedan Airport (65 mi)
- Stuttgart Airport (90 mi)
- Karlsruhe Baden-Baden Airport (111 mi)
- Bergamo / Orio Al Serio Airport (120 mi)
- Malpensa International Airport (124 mi)
- Abbey of St Gall (Unesco heritage, 5 mi)
- Monastic Island of Reichenau (Unesco heritage, 24 mi)
- Swiss Tectonic Arena Sardona (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Rhaetian Railway in the Albula / Bernina Landscapes (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Benedictine Convent of St John at Müstair (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Three Castles, Defensive Wall and Ramparts of the Market-Town of Bellinzona (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy (Unesco heritage, 98 mi)
- Monte San Giorgio (Unesco heritage, 105 mi)
- Greifvogelpark Buchs (zoo, (18 mi)
- Erlebniszoo Rheintal (zoo, (12 mi)
- Abenteuerland Walterzoo (zoo, (2 mi)
- Tierpark Seeburg (zoo, (19 mi)
- Wildpark Peter und Paul (zoo, (7 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 47.386 and 9.279 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 47° 23' 10" and E 9° 16' 44"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Franc - CHF
- Spoken languages:
- German, French, Italian, Romansh
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:03 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Zurich
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:30 am and 9:11 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Switzerland.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Switzerland. Last Update: 2020-05-31 07:21:15
Delve into Herisau
Herisau in Bezirk Hinterland (Canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden) with it's 15,438 habitants is located in Switzerland about 91 mi (or 147 km) east of Bern, the country's capital town.
Current time in Herisau is now 11:03 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Zurich with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports close to Herisau, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Switzerland is St Gallen Altenrhein Airport in a distance of 15 mi (or 24 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Switzerland is Abbey of St Gall in a distance of 5 mi (or 9 km), North-East. We encountered 5 points of interest near this location. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Haslen, Sankt Gallen, Appenzell, Arbon and Romanshorn. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 60 °F
|Morning Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Evening Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Night Temperature||6°C / 43 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1016 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (5 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 67% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Monday, 1st of June 2020
20°C (67 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 2nd of June 2020
21°C (69 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Scattered clouds, light breeze.
Wednesday, 3rd of June 2020
18°C (64 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Moderate rain, calm, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
B&B Gästehaus Rössli Schwellbrunn
NewStar Swiss Quality Hotel
Hotel Bären Gonten
Hotel Garni Traube
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Sauknapp-Party - Eis mit Sti(e)l - Fastnacht: Herisau in der Schweiz, 07.02.2015
Sauknapp-Party - Eis mit Sti(e)l: Herisau in der Schweiz, 07.02.2015 Alle Fotos auf http://www.seechat.de | Die Bodensee Community! //bodensee.community http://www.seechat.de ...
Guggenparty: Herisau in der Schweiz by SEECHAT.TV, 21.02.2015
Guggenparty: Herisau in der Schweiz, 21.02.2015 Alle Fotos auf http://www.seechat.de | Die Bodensee Community! //bodensee.community http://www.seechat.de http://www.facebook.com/seechat ...
Herisau im Februar 2015
Aussicht Richtung Süden vom Sonnenberg Herisau in Zeitrafferaufnahme am 15. Februar 2015 von 9 - 15 Uhr, gefilmt mit Rasperry Pi 2.
Trailer Apnoetraining Herisau
Freediving Training Trailer des Teams Freediving-Ostschweiz.ch in Herisau.
Silvesterchlausen in Herisau AR: Eine Gruppe erwachsener Silvesterchläuse (Wüste) integriert zwei Kinder in einen Jodel.
Porte aperte alla scuola di danza
Immagini relative ad una lezione di danza classica della mia nipotina Valentina Capobianco che già conoscete come brava pattinatrice su ghiaccio. Le immagini sono state possibile grazie ad...
Ausschnitt aus einem Stück Hackbrett-Musik, aufgenommen direkt in der Fabrik beim Hackbrettbauer in Herisau.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The AFG Arena is a multi-use stadium in St. Gallen, Switzerland, completed in 2008. It is used mostly for football matches and hosts the home matches of FC St. Gallen of the Swiss Challenge League. It replaces the Espenmoos stadium. The stadium has a capacity of 20,000 people. The name comes from the sponsor, the Arbonia-Forster-Gruppe AFG. When it was completed, FC St. Gallen was just relegated to the Challenge League.
Gübsensee is a reservoir near the city of St. Gallen, Switzerland. Its dams were built between 1898 and 1900, the first hydroelectric reservoir in Switzerland. Kraftwerk Kubel has generated electrical power there since 1900. Gübsensee Ost is a gravity dam with a height of 24 m, Gübsensee West an earthfill dam. The lake's surface area is 0.17 km². Its volume is 1.5 mio m³.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Herisau.
Schwellbrunn: Heimat Richtung Sitz, Schwellbrunn (source)
Herisau: mit Säntis, Herisau (source)
Gossau SG: Ballonteam S. Zeberli, Gossau SG (source)
Schwellbrunn › South-East: Restaurant Linde-Trückli, Schwellbrunn (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Herisan, هيراسايو, Херизау, Herisau, اریزو, ヘリザウ, 헤리자우, Hērizava, ہیریزاؤ, Херисау, Герізау, ہیریساو, 黑里紹