in Mohafazat Liban-Sud, Lebanon
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (21 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (30 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (36 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (38 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (72 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (89 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (89 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (94 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (119 mi)
- Bassel Al-Assad International Airport (148 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 6 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 30 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Byblos (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Ouadi Qadisha (the Holy Valley) and the Forest of the Cedars of God (Horsh Arz el-Rab) (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Miẕpé Pe’er (observation point, (20 mi)
- Taẕpit Alam Raẖimov (observation point, (21 mi)
- Miẕpé Monfor (observation point, (20 mi)
- Miẕpé H̱useyẕ (observation point, (20 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 33.333 and 35.267 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 33° 19' 59" and E 35° 16' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - LBP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, French, English, Armenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:42 PM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Asia/Beirut
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:29 am and 7:46 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,4 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Lebanon.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Lebanon. Last Update: 2020-06-06 07:20:59
Delve into Mighrāqah
Mighrāqah in Mohafazat Liban-Sud is a town located in Lebanon about 41 mi (or 65 km) south of Beirut, the country's capital town.
Time in Mighrāqah is now 07:42 PM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Asia / Beirut with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 10 airports closer to Mighrāqah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Kiryat Shmona Airport in Israel in a distance of 21 mi (or 34 km). The closest airport in Lebanon is Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport in a distance of 36 mi (or 34 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Lebanon is Tyre in a distance of 6 mi (or 10 km), South-West. We saw 4 points of interest near this location.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Tyre, Nabatiye et Tahta, Sidon, Bent Jbail and Marjayoun. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 25°C / 76 °F
|Morning Temperature||25°C / 76 °F|
|Evening Temperature||25°C / 76 °F|
|Night Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1010 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 7th of June 2020
26°C (78 °F)
23°C (73 °F)
Few clouds, light breeze.
Monday, 8th of June 2020
25°C (77 °F)
22°C (71 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 9th of June 2020
24°C (75 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Mahfouz: The Fatayel Meat Sandwich... for Breakfast in Tyre's Old Souk
http://www.NoGarlicNoOnions.com Visiting Tyre, you can't but stop at Mahfouz, renowned for his "Fateyel" sandwiches. Starting at 7am, people come for them from the early hours of the morning....
Rolling Meat Sandwiches on Tyre's Old Port... For Breakfast
Rolling Meat Sandwiches on Tyre's Old Port... For Breakfast.
Video with images of Tyrus an ancient Phoenician city founded in the third century BC. The city had two distinct urban centers: a peninsular island just off shore and an associated settlement...
Ливан, Тир. До сих пор с тоской вспоминаю теплое и ласковое, а главное - чистейшее Средиземное море :-)
Octopuses out of water
While down by the sea in Southern Lebanon a few divers came out of the water with their dinner. A pile of octopuses, which I found quite mesmerizing and gnarly.
Liban. Strzelanie z czego popadnie do czego popadnie
Staroć (kręcone jeszcze w video-8). Może ktoś to pamięta albo nawet się rozpozna... :-)
Almanin ala asema. Alman shoots. Peace Boys.
Mennään sheltteriin. Greetings to Finbatt from Alman position. Peace Boys band with Eini ja Meiju. Finbatt foto p tuisku 1987-88.
Risaleh Sarafand 2014 الرسالة الصرفند
فيديو عن مسيرة نادي الرسالة الصرفند، عرض خلال حفل العشاء السنوي 2014.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The Litani River is an important water resource in southern Lebanon. The river rises in the fertile Beqaa Valley valley, west of Baalbek, and empties into the Mediterranean Sea north of Tyre. Exceeding 140 km in length, the Litani River is the longest river in Lebanon and provides an average annual flow estimated at 920 million cubic meters. The waters of the Litani both originate and flow entirely within the borders of Lebanon.
The Leontes Bridge is a Roman segmental arch bridge in Lebanon; it crosses the Litani River in the vicinity of Nahr Abou Assouad, 10 km north of Tyre. The bridge, which is dated to the 3rd or 4th century AD, features a comparatively flat arch with a span-to-rise ratio of 3.1 to 1.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Mighrāqah.
- Nabatiye et Tahta
- Bent Jbail
- Beit ed Dine
- Al Butayhah
- Joubb Jannine
- Al Qunaytirah
- Rachaiya el Ouadi
- Jdaidet el Matn
- Al Khushniyah
- Khan Arnabah
- Mazra`at Bayt Jinn
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Ash Shajarah