in Mohafazat Liban-Sud, Lebanon
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (24 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (30 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (33 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (41 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (77 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (84 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (89 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (89 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (117 mi)
- Larnaca International Airport (143 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 0 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 25 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Byblos (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Miẕpé Hod (observation point, (24 mi)
- Miẕpé Yammim (observation point, (27 mi)
- Taẕpit Alam Raẖimov (observation point, (20 mi)
- Miẕpé Monfor (observation point, (16 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 33.273 and 35.194 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 33° 16' 23" and E 35° 11' 38"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - LBP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, French, English, Armenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:30 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Beirut
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:29 am and 4:31 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Lebanon.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Lebanon. Last Update: 2022-12-07 08:13:49
Delve into Tyre
Tyre in Mohafazat Liban-Sud with it's 135,204 habitants is a town located in Lebanon about 46 mi (or 74 km) south of Beirut, the country's capital town.
Time in Tyre is now 07:30 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Beirut with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports closer to Tyre, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Kiryat Shmona Airport in Israel in a distance of 24 mi (or 38 km). The closest airport in Lebanon is Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport in a distance of 41 mi (or 38 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Lebanon is Tyre in a distance of 0 mi (or 0 km), South. We saw 4 points of interest near this location.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Bent Jbail, Nabatiye et Tahta, Sidon, Marjayoun and Jezzine. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 19°C / 67 °F
|Morning Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Evening Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1019 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 30% of sky|
|General Conditions||Scattered clouds|
Thursday, 8th of December 2022
19°C (67 °F)
17°C (63 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, few clouds.
Friday, 9th of December 2022
20°C (68 °F)
17°C (63 °F)
Few clouds, light breeze.
Saturday, 10th of December 2022
20°C (68 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Mahfouz: The Fatayel Meat Sandwich... for Breakfast in Tyre's Old Souk
http://www.NoGarlicNoOnions.com Visiting Tyre, you can't but stop at Mahfouz, renowned for his "Fateyel" sandwiches. Starting at 7am, people come for them from the early hours of the morning....
Rolling Meat Sandwiches on Tyre's Old Port... For Breakfast
Rolling Meat Sandwiches on Tyre's Old Port... For Breakfast.
Video with images of Tyrus an ancient Phoenician city founded in the third century BC. The city had two distinct urban centers: a peninsular island just off shore and an associated settlement...
Ливан, Тир. До сих пор с тоской вспоминаю теплое и ласковое, а главное - чистейшее Средиземное море :-)
Octopuses out of water
While down by the sea in Southern Lebanon a few divers came out of the water with their dinner. A pile of octopuses, which I found quite mesmerizing and gnarly.
Almanin ala asema. Alman shoots. Peace Boys.
Mennään sheltteriin. Greetings to Finbatt from Alman position. Peace Boys band with Eini ja Meiju. Finbatt foto p tuisku 1987-88.
A speaking cat Borj Rahal
Add By Reda Khalifeh : A speaking cat in Borj Rahal ...هرة تتحدث اللغة العربيه بطلاقة في بلدة برج رحال - لبنان - صيدا -Lebanon - Saida - Sour...
Visiting Tyre Sour, One of Lebanon's Most Beautiful Cities
Tyre (Arabic: صور), sometimes romanized as Sour, is a city in the South Governorate of Lebanon. Tyre juts out from the coast of the Mediterranean and is located about 80 km south of Beirut....
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Siege of Tyre
It is said that Alexander was so enraged at the Tyrians' defense and the loss of his men that he destroyed half the city. According to Arrian, 8,000 Tyrian civilians were massacred after the city fell. Alexander granted pardon to the king and his family, whilst the 30,000 residents and foreigners taken were sold into slavery.
Sour Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Sour, Lebanon. It is currently used mostly for football matches and serves as the home for Tadamon Sour. The stadium has a capacity of 6,500 people. In 1939 collapsed a group of students from schools in the city of Tyre to the establishment of a sports team football, and soon the team that the development and progression of activists which to request an official licensed stadium in 1947 and became an active sports center for the Lebanese people.
The Tyre District is a district in the South Governorate of Lebanon.
These districts belong to Tyre.Other districts
These are districts that are close by, but belong to a different city than Tyre.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Tyre.
- Bent Jbail
- Nabatiye et Tahta
- Al Butayhah
- Beit ed Dine
- Al Qunaytirah
- Al Khushniyah
- Joubb Jannine
- Rachaiya el Ouadi
- Khan Arnabah
- Jdaidet el Matn
- Mazra`at Bayt Jinn
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Ash Shajarah
- Kafr Asad
- Samma ar Rawsan
- At Tayyibah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Soûr, Es Sur, Tyr, Ṣurru, Şūr, الصور, صور, Tir, Týros, Тѵръ, Tyros, Τύρος, Tyre, Tiro, צר, Ṣōr, צור, ティルス, Tyrus, Tyras, Ṣur, Тир, Тір, 泰爾