in Mohafazat Béqaa, Lebanon
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (26 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (40 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (40 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (56 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (82 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (97 mi)
- Bassel Al-Assad International Airport (116 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (121 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (133 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (139 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 0 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 25 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Byblos (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Ouadi Qadisha (the Holy Valley) and the Forest of the Cedars of God (Horsh Arz el-Rab) (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Crac des Chevaliers and Qal’at Salah El-Din (Unesco heritage, 75 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 33.728 and 35.931 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 33° 43' 40" and E 35° 55' 51"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - LBP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, French, English, Armenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:13 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Beirut
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:27 am and 4:27 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Lebanon.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Lebanon. Last Update: 2023-12-05 08:27:35
Delve into Aanjar
Aanjar in Mohafazat Béqaa with it's 2,400 habitants is located in Lebanon about 27 mi (or 44 km) south-east of Beirut, the country's capital town.
Current time in Aanjar is now 07:13 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Beirut with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports close to Aanjar, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Lebanon is Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport in a distance of 26 mi (or 42 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Lebanon is Anjar in a distance of 0 mi (or 0 km), South-West.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Zahle, Az Zabadani, Medaya, Joubb Jannine and Ad Dimas. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 13°C / 56 °F
|Morning Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Evening Temperature||11°C / 51 °F|
|Night Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||2%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 38% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Thursday, 7th of December 2023
13°C (56 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Friday, 8th of December 2023
15°C (59 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, broken clouds.
Saturday, 9th of December 2023
11°C (51 °F)
8°C (47 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, broken clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Chez Charles: The European Flavors of Zahle
Chez Charles, one of Zahle popular restaurant is truly something special. Back in 1975, Henry Saydé was the first to introduce the Bekaa to a sophisticated French and European cuisine. Located...
Law Bass Ta3rif Shams El Ghinnieh Najwa Karam
لوبس تعرف بغيبتك شوصار جنيت وطعم التلج صاير نار..تسلميلي يانجوى كلك إحساس..
Chtaura: Famous for its Dairy Products and Labneh Sandwiches
http://www.NoGarlicNoOnions.com Chtaura is a town in Lebanon in the fertile Beqaa valley located between the Mount Lebanon and the Anti-Lebanon mountain range. It is located halfway on the...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Masnaa Border Crossing
The Masnaa Border Crossing is an international border crossing between the countries of Lebanon and Syria. It is completely land-based and links the customs checkpoints of Masnaa, Lebanon, and Jdaidet Yabous, Syria. An 8 km no man's land of desolate neutral territory buffers the distance between the border stations. It is the primary crossing point between the countries, linking the capital cities of Beirut and Damascus.
Battle of Majdel Anjar
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Aanjar.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Ḩawsh Musá, Hansh Mousa, Haouch Moussa, ‘Anjar, Aanjar, Анджар