in Rif-dimashq Governorate, Syria
- Damascus International Airport (25 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (32 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (43 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (43 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (74 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (75 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (101 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (119 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (120 mi)
- Bassel Al-Assad International Airport (136 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 22 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 40 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Byblos (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Ouadi Qadisha (the Holy Valley) and the Forest of the Cedars of God (Horsh Arz el-Rab) (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 33.438 and 36.079 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 33° 26' 15" and E 36° 4' 43"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - SYP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Armenian, French, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:11 PM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Asia/Damascus
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:26 am and 4:27 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 5,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning it is not safe to travel Syria.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Syria. Last Update: 2023-12-07 08:19:30
Qaţanā in Rif-dimashq Governorate with it's 18,511 residents is a town located in Syria about 13 mi (or 21 km) south-west of Damascus, the country's capital place.
Time in Qaţanā is now 03:11 PM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Asia / Damascus with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports nearby Qaţanā, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Syria is Damascus International Airport in a distance of 25 mi (or 41 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Syria is Ancient City of Damascus in a distance of 14 mi (or 23 km), East.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sahnaiya, Ad Dimas, Darayya, Sa`sa` and Qadsayya. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 60 °F
|Morning Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Evening Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Night Temperature||14°C / 57 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1018 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Friday, 8th of December 2023
16°C (60 °F)
14°C (58 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Saturday, 9th of December 2023
16°C (60 °F)
13°C (55 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 10th of December 2023
14°C (57 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Ain-Ebal South Lebanon Arabic bread making
Whilst in Ain-Ebal August 2010, I was fortunate to witness the making of the tradtional Arabic bread. The bread is served at every meal in Lebanon and is thought of as a gift from God, not...
مغامراتي في مسبح نادي المهندسين مع دفعة طلاب الاقتصاد
ذكريات اللعب بالماء ألعاب مائية عام 2011 رحلة إلى نادي المهندسين رحلة مع طلاب الاقتصاد قسم إدارة الأعمال...
حفلة مطعم جار القمر لبنان جونية احلا مواويل واحلا قعدة مع النجم محمد منير شوفها مارح تندم
اضغط لايك وفعل زر الجرس لحتى يوصلكم كل ماهوا جديد.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Qatana is a Syrian city administratively belonging to Rif Dimashq. Qatana has an altitude of 879 meters. It has a population of 18,465.
For the Palestinian town near Jerusalem, see Qatanna. Qatana District is a district of the Rif Dimashq Governorate in Syria. At the 2004 officical census, the district had a population of 207,245. The centre of the district is the city of Qatana. The district is located just to the east of Mount Hermon.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Qaţanā.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Katana, Qaţanah, Qaţanā, قطنا