in Politischer Bezirk Horn of Niederösterreich, Austria
- Historic Centre of Telč (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- Jewish Quarter and St Procopius' Basilica in Třebíč (Unesco heritage, 30 mi)
- Wachau Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Tugendhat Villa in Brno (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Historic Centre of Vienna (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Pilgrimage Church of St John of Nepomuk at Zelená Hora (Unesco heritage, 55 mi)
- Semmering Railway (Unesco heritage, 80 mi)
- Kutná Hora: Historical Town Centre with the Church of St Barbara and the Cathedral of Our Lady at Sedlec (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Papstwarte (observation point, (7 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.797 and 15.673 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 47' 50" and E 15° 40' 21"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- German, Croatian, Hungarian, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:21 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Vienna
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:36 am and 4:42 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Austria.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Austria. Last Update: 2021-01-23 08:36:26
Geras in Politischer Bezirk Horn (Niederösterreich) is a city in Austria about 52 mi (or 83 km) north-west of Vienna, the country's capital.
Local time in Geras is now 03:21 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Vienna with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 10 airports in the vicinity of Geras, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Brno-Tuřany Airport in Czechia in a distance of 52 mi (or 84 km). The closest airport in Austria is Vienna International Airport in a distance of 63 mi (or 84 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Historic Centre of Telč in Czechia at a distance of 29 mi (or 46 km). The closest in Austria is Wachau Cultural Landscape in a distance of 32 mi (or 46 km), North. We found 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Langau, Pernegg, Japons, Horn and Sigmundsherberg. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 5°C / 40 °F
|Morning Temperature||-0°C / 32 °F|
|Evening Temperature||-0°C / 32 °F|
|Night Temperature||-1°C / 29 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1001 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 13 km/h (8 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 64% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light snow|
Monday, 25th of January 2021
2°C (35 °F)
-0°C (32 °F)
Overcast clouds, calm.
Tuesday, 26th of January 2021
1°C (34 °F)
-2°C (29 °F)
Overcast clouds, fresh breeze.
Wednesday, 27th of January 2021
1°C (35 °F)
1°C (34 °F)
Light snow, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Circusluft Drosendorf WS 3 2012 Kugel 5
Wer schon einmal davon geträumt hat, als Artist, Pantomime, Jongleur, Einradfahrer, Seiltänzer, Schauspieler die Circuswelt kennen zu lernen, der ist bei uns genau am richtigen Ort. Diese...
08 2014 comet drosendorf L 7 0
16-08-2014 Comet 3 und ich in der L in Drosendorf (NÖ, Waldviertel) Wertnote von 7,0. Wahnsinn wie weit ich mit meinem Springpferd gekommen bin :-) Sehr stolz auf ihn!
Dyje / Thaya Drosendorf - Podhradí
Guide: http://www.horydoly.cz/vodaci/dyje-tece-pres-hranici.html Pádlování po Dyji s Drosendorfu do Podhradí v srpnu 2009.
Hornsommer Drosendorf 2012 - Granada
"Granada", gespielt von den Brass Juniors unter der Leitung von Peter Hofmann.
WS 7 2012 Gaukler, Diabolo, Kugel
Circusluft Drosendorf präsentiert in den Ferien jeden Freitag eine tolle Circusvorstellung.
MONTI BETON - Yesterday / Hey Jude / Rote Lippen...
MONTI BETON live in Drosendorf, Schloßhof, 03.07.2009 Die letzte Zugabe eines denkwürdigen Konzerts. (Kamera: Chris Tresper)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Geras Abbey (Stift Geras) is a Premonstratensian monastery in Geras in Lower Austria. Since 1783 it has also owned the premises of the former Pernegg Abbey nearby.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Geras.