in Veszprém megye, Hungary
- Sármellék International Airport (34 mi)
- Győr-Pér International Airport (39 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (75 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (83 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (84 mi)
- Pécs-Pogány Airport (84 mi)
- Piešťany Airport (106 mi)
- Zagreb Airport (117 mi)
- Kunovice Airport (133 mi)
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs (Sopianae) (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Semmering Railway (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Historic Centre of Vienna (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 121 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 47.100 and 17.533 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 47° 5' 59" and E 17° 31' 59"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Forint - HUF
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:38 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Budapest
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:28 am and 7:18 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Hungary.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Hungary. Last Update: 2020-03-31 07:22:27
Delve into Munkástelep
Munkástelep in Veszprém megye is located in Hungary about 76 mi (or 122 km) west of Budapest, the country's capital town.
Current time in Munkástelep is now 03:38 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Budapest with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports close to Munkástelep, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Hungary is Sármellék International Airport in a distance of 34 mi (or 54 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Hungary is Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment in a distance of 34 mi (or 54 km), North.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ajka, Devecser, Tapolca, Papa and Fonyod. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 6°C / 42 °F
|Morning Temperature||-1°C / 30 °F|
|Evening Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Night Temperature||2°C / 36 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1026 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (2 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 1st of April 2020
7°C (44 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Thursday, 2nd of April 2020
8°C (47 °F)
5°C (40 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 3rd of April 2020
11°C (52 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Broken clouds, light breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Welcome to Ajka Crystal! All of our unique, artistic pieces -- from glasses, to bowls, to vases and more -- are handmade from the finest crystal. Our products are blown by mouth and our designs...
Hangadók koncert Ajka majális 2012.
Molnár Gábor Műhely Alapítvány Hangadók zenekar - koncert az ajkai majálison 2012. május 1-jén, a Bányász Sporttelepen http://eyko.hu Magazin Ajka.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Ajka alumina plant accident
The Ajka alumina sludge spill was an industrial accident at a caustic waste reservoir chain of the Ajkai Timföldgyár alumina plant in Ajka, Veszprém County, in western Hungary. On 4 October 2010, at 12:25 CEST, the northwestern corner of the dam of reservoir no. 10 collapsed, freeing approximately one million cubic metres (35 million cubic feet) of liquid waste from red mud lakes.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Munkástelep.