in Komárom-Esztergom, Hungary
- Győr-Pér International Airport (16 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (51 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (57 mi)
- Piešťany Airport (62 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (76 mi)
- Sliač Airport (77 mi)
- Sármellék International Airport (86 mi)
- Kunovice Airport (94 mi)
- Žilina Airport (105 mi)
- Zagreb Airport (169 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (178 mi)
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 104 mi)
- Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs (Sopianae) (Unesco heritage, 115 mi)
- Tugendhat Villa in Brno (Unesco heritage, 122 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 47.743 and 18.119 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 47° 44' 35" and E 18° 7' 8"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Forint - HUF
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:06 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Budapest
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:48 am and 5:14 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Komárom in Komárom-Esztergom with it's 19,646 residents is a town located in Hungary about 46 mi (or 74 km) west of Budapest, the country's capital place.
Time in Komárom is now 06:06 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Budapest with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports nearby Komárom, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Hungary is Győr-Pér International Airport in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Hungary is Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment in a distance of 20 mi (or 32 km), South-West. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Tata, Kisber, Tatabanya, Oroszlany and Mor. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 11°C / 52 °F
|Morning Temperature||7°C / 44 °F|
|Evening Temperature||7°C / 45 °F|
|Night Temperature||4°C / 39 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1026 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 12 km/h (7 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 62% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Wednesday, 19th of February 2020
7°C (45 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Thursday, 20th of February 2020
6°C (43 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 21st of February 2020
9°C (48 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Broken clouds, moderate breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
222 - Slovakia - Hungary. 64 / 13 - Komárno - Komárom. Border Crossing [HD]
Słowacja - Węgry. 64, 13 - Komárno - Komárom. Border Crossing /// GPS - http://gdziejestem.pl/user/SZWAGIER Please rate, comment, and subscribe. Thanks.
Car Parade - Waiting for parade start @ XIII. N.A.A.F., Komárom, 2014
Car Parade in Komárom, Hungaro on the 13th N.A.A.F. Komárom, Hungary The cars were collected on a closed road outside Komárom.
NEMZETKÖZI KUTYAKIÁLLÍTÁS KOMÁROM-ROTTWEILER- BOB
HJCH.HFKLGY,HDGY. FELLEGVÁR ROTT TUNDER FACE Komárom CACIB 2014.10.12 HUNGÁRIA FAJTAGYŐZTES BOB.HUNGÁRIA DERBY WINNER,CACIB.. BLADE vom GROSSEN TAL ...
KTI - Komárom-Esztergom megyei jelöltbemutató - Juhász Zoltán - Dr. Czövek László - Makai Balázs
A Közösség a Társadalmi Igazságosságért Néppárt Komárom-Esztergom megyei országgyűlési képviselőjelöltjeinek sajtó-nyilvános bemutatója: Komárom-Esztergom megyei jelöltbemuta...
Madárkarácsony a Tóparti Óvodában - Komárom
Madárkarácsony a Tóparti Óvodában - Komárom, 2012. december 20. A Tóparti Óvoda közelében fészkelő madarak meg sem érzik a telet, mert eleségből sosincs hiány. // A felvetelt...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Fort Monostor (also referred to as Fort Sandberg) is a fort is situated close to the city of Komárno, Slovakia. It was built between 1850 and 1871. After World War II the Soviets built the biggest ammunition storage in the Fortress of Monostor. Thousands of wagons of ammunition were forwarded from the strictly guarded objects. One of a series of forts in the area, Monostor is open to the public as a museum.
Selye János University
The J. Selye University (Hungarian: Selye János Egyetem, Slovak: Univerzita J. Selyeho) is the only Hungarian-language university in Slovakia. It was established in 2004 in Komárno and it has three faculties. It is named after Selye János, a 20th century Hungarian endocrinologist .
Komárno District is a district in the Nitra Region of western Slovakia. Until 1918, the district was mostly part of the county of Kingdom of Hungary of Komárom. The district has a population of 108.556 of which 74.976 (69.1%) are Hungarians and 30.079 (27.7%) are Slovaks (2001).
These districts belong to Komárom.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Komárom.
Komárom, Komárom (source)
Komárom, Komárom (source)
Komárno: Námestie generála Klapku, Komárno (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Szőny, Újváros, Komáromújváros, Ujszony, Komárom, Горад Комарам, Комаром, Komorn, کمرم, Komoran, コマーロム, 코마롬, Komarom, 科馬羅姆