in Nomarchía Dytikís Attikís of Attica, Greece
- Athen Helenikon Airport (22 mi)
- Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (33 mi)
- Porto Cheli Airport (49 mi)
- Skiathos Island National Airport (82 mi)
- Sparti Airport (84 mi)
- Nea Anchialos Airport (90 mi)
- Skiros Airport (91 mi)
- Kalamata Airport (96 mi)
- Thessaloniki Macedonia International Airport (176 mi)
- Acropolis, Athens (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Archaeological Sites of Mycenae and Tiryns (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Monasteries of Daphni, Hosios Loukas and Nea Moni of Chios (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Archaeological Site of Delphi (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Archaeological Site of Mystras (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Temple of Apollo Epicurius at Bassae (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Archaeological Site of Olympia (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Meteora (Unesco heritage, 150 mi)
- Marína Falírou (marina, (18 mi)
- Marína Floísvou (marina, (19 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 37.995 and 23.343 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 37° 59' 40" and E 23° 20' 35"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Modern Greek, English, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:01 AM (Monday)
- Timezone: Europe/Athens
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:09 am and 8:36 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -22.661 and -152.805 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Motu Ura
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Greece.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Greece. Last Update: 2022-05-22 08:17:22
Delve into Mégara
Mégara in Nomarchía Dytikís Attikís (Attica) with it's 23,456 habitants is located in Greece about 20 mi (or 33 km) west of Athens, the country's capital town.
Current time in Mégara is now 06:01 AM (Monday). The local timezone is named Europe / Athens with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 9 airports close to Mégara, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Greece is Athen Helenikon Airport in a distance of 22 mi (or 35 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Greece is Acropolis, Athens in a distance of 21 mi (or 34 km), East. We encountered 2 points of interest near this location.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Salamina, Mandra, Elefsina, Perama and Aspropyrgos. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 80 °F
|Morning Temperature||20°C / 69 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 75 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1010 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 4% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Tuesday, 24th of May 2022
25°C (77 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 25th of May 2022
27°C (80 °F)
23°C (73 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 26th of May 2022
29°C (83 °F)
24°C (76 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Enduro Trophy South Greece 2015 Round 1 Megara part 1/3
Κύπελλο Νοτίου Ελλάδας Γύρος 1 Μέγαρα 15-03-2015 Trophy consists of 3 rounds, next one is in October This is also round 1 of Greek Championship, which consists...
Honda s2000 Track Day Megara Circuit,Greece.
Honda s2000 stock, Toyo T1-R 16" suspension Koni, Megara circuit.
ninja 250 megara trackday onboard cam!!!
an den itan kai auta ta patakia tha imoun eutixismenos.....
Trackday at Megara with Fz1 Fazer 2007
Track: Megara Circuit - Greece Date: 17/3/2010 Motorcycle: Fz1 Fazer 07 (on sale) Tires: Dunlop Qualifier RR 190/55 - Rear Suspension: Stock Exhaust: GP race can + KN filter Other: R1...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Megara (Greek: Σιδηροδρομικός Σταθμός Μεγάρων, Sidirodromikos Stathmos Megaron) is a railway station in the suburban city of Megara located west of Athens, Greece. The station is located east of the town center, near the Greek National Road 8A highway connecting Athens and the Peloponnese peninsula. The station was opened on September 27, 2005 and its current form dates to 2007. It has two platforms and a siding.
These districts belong to Mégara.Other districts
These are districts that are close by, but belong to a different city than Mégara.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Mégara.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Megara, Μέγαρα, Mégara, Mégare, 메가라, Мегара