in Gouvernorat de Kairouan, Tunisia
- Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport (40 mi)
- Tunis Carthage International Airport (66 mi)
- Sfax Thyna International Airport (90 mi)
- Tabarka 7 Novembre Airport (99 mi)
- Cheikh Larbi Tébessi Airport (114 mi)
- Pantelleria Airport (123 mi)
- Gafsa Ksar International Airport (124 mi)
- Gabès Matmata International Airport (140 mi)
- Kairouan (Unesco heritage, 16 mi)
- Medina of Sousse (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Amphitheatre of El Jem (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Dougga / Thugga (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Medina of Tunis (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Archaeological Site of Carthage (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Ichkeul National Park (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Punic Town of Kerkuane and its Necropolis (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 35.908 and 10.058 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 35° 54' 30" and E 10° 3' 29"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - TND
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 02:26 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Africa/Tunis
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:09 am and 6:39 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Tunisia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Tunisia. Last Update: 2023-03-29 08:17:33
Delve into El Alem
El Alem in Gouvernorat de Kairouan is a town located in Tunisia about 63 mi (or 102 km) south of Tunis, the country's capital town.
Time in El Alem is now 02:26 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Africa / Tunis with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 8 airports closer to El Alem, of which one is a larger airport. The closest airport in Tunisia is Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport in a distance of 40 mi (or 65 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Tunisia is Kairouan in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), South.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Kairouan, Zaghouan, Sousse, Siliana and Monastir. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 20°C / 69 °F
|Morning Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Night Temperature||14°C / 58 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1028 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 30th of March 2023
26°C (79 °F)
17°C (62 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 31st of March 2023
29°C (84 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Broken clouds, gentle breeze.
Saturday, 1st of April 2023
30°C (86 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Sky is clear, fresh breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sbikha is a town and commune in the Kairouan Governorate, Tunisia. As of 2004 it had a population of 6,776.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of El Alem.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Al ‘Ālim, El Alem