in Gouvernorat de Monastir, Tunisia
- Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport (4 mi)
- Sfax Thyna International Airport (74 mi)
- Tunis Carthage International Airport (81 mi)
- Pantelleria Airport (96 mi)
- Lampedusa Airport (102 mi)
- Djerba Zarzis International Airport (132 mi)
- Tabarka 7 Novembre Airport (137 mi)
- Gabès Matmata International Airport (138 mi)
- Palermo / Punta Raisi Airport (208 mi)
- Medina of Sousse (Unesco heritage, 11 mi)
- Amphitheatre of El Jem (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Kairouan (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Archaeological Site of Carthage (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Medina of Tunis (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Punic Town of Kerkuane and its Necropolis (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Dougga / Thugga (Unesco heritage, 100 mi)
- Ichkeul National Park (Unesco heritage, 115 mi)
- Cap Monastir Marina (marina, (0 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 35.778 and 10.826 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 35° 46' 40" and E 10° 49' 34"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - TND
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:20 AM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Africa/Tunis
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:57 am and 6:41 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Tunisia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Tunisia. Last Update: 2020-04-04 07:21:27
Monastir in Gouvernorat de Monastir with it's 71,546 citizens is a town in Tunisia about 81 mi (or 130 km) south-east of Tunis, the country's capital city.
Current time in Monastir is now 09:20 AM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Africa / Tunis with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 9 airports near Monastir, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Tunisia is Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport in a distance of 4 mi (or 7 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Tunisia is Medina of Sousse in a distance of 11 mi (or 18 km), West. We discovered 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sousse, Mahdia, Nabeul, Kairouan and Zaghouan. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 62 °F
|Morning Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Evening Temperature||15°C / 58 °F|
|Night Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1017 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 15 km/h (9 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Few clouds, covering 10% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 5th of April 2020
17°C (62 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 6th of April 2020
16°C (61 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 7th of April 2020
16°C (62 °F)
14°C (58 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Houda Skanes Monastir
Dessole Saadia Hotel
PIRATES GATE RESORT
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Monastir - juin 2012
Baignade dans la plage de Monastir en juin 2012. C'est une plage minuscule mais bon y a pas de quoi en faire un fouin non plus lol Monastir est connu pour les jolies filles dans le centre ville,...
Parkour Eagles in Monastir - Around Tunisia
Recently we started visiting all places in tunisia and making videos in every place and that to show more our culture and our beautiful country..and ofcours to share with you our parkour skills....
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Monastir, is a city on the central coast of Tunisia, in the Sahel area, (20 km south of Sousse and 162 km south of Tunis). Traditionally a fishing port, Monastir is now a major tourist resort. Its population is about 71,546. It is the capital of Monastir Governorate.
Stade Mustapha Ben Jannet
Stade Mustapha Ben Jannet is a multi-use stadium in Monastir, Tunisia. It is currently used by football team US Monastir, and was used for the 2004 African Cup of Nations. The stadium holds 20,000 people.
University of Monastir
The University of Monastir is a university located in Monastir, Tunisia. It was founded in 2004 and is organized in 6 Faculties.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Monastir.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Al Munastīr, Ruspina, Hadrumetum, El Menstir, Monastir, المنستير, منستير, Monastır, Горад Манасцір, Монастир, Μοναστίρ, المنستیر, Monasztir, Մոնաստիր, MIR, モナスティル, მონასტირი, Munastir, 모나스티르, Monastyras, Monastyr, Munastır, Монастір, منستیر، تیونس, 莫纳斯提尔