in Province du Nord-Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ruhengeri Airport (58 mi)
- Goma International Airport (68 mi)
- Gisenyi Airport (68 mi)
- Kasese Airport (79 mi)
- Mbarara Airport (86 mi)
- Beni Airport (88 mi)
- Kigali International Airport (103 mi)
- Bukavu Kavumu Airport (118 mi)
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Unesco heritage, 25 mi)
- Kahuzi-Biega National Park (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Rwenzori Mountains National Park (Unesco heritage, 75 mi)
- Virunga National Park (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- -0.700 and 29.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- S -0° 41' 59" and E 29° 22' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Franc - CDF
- Spoken languages:
- French, Lingala, Kongo
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:57 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Africa/Lubumbashi
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:04 am and 6:11 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- 1.983 and -157.365 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Banana Village
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Democratic Republic of the Congo. Last Update: 2023-03-27 08:21:10
Delve into Bwera
Bwera in Province du Nord-Kivu is located in Democratic Republic of the Congo about 1,002 mi (or 1,612 km) east of Kinshasa, the country's capital town.
Current time in Bwera is now 06:57 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Africa / Lubumbashi with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 8 airports close to Bwera. The closest is airport we know is Ruhengeri Airport in Rwanda in a distance of 58 mi (or 94 km). Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda at a distance of 25 mi (or 41 km). The closest in Democratic Republic of the Congo is Kahuzi-Biega National Park in a distance of 70 mi (or 41 km), South-East.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Kihihi, Kanungu, Rukungiri, Kisoro and Mitoma. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 81 °F
|Morning Temperature||18°C / 64 °F|
|Evening Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Night Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||3%|
|Air Pressure||1012 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (2 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 94% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Tuesday, 28th of March 2023
28°C (82 °F)
18°C (65 °F)
Moderate rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Wednesday, 29th of March 2023
27°C (81 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Moderate rain, light breeze, broken clouds.
Thursday, 30th of March 2023
28°C (82 °F)
18°C (65 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Bwera.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: