in East Grand Bahama District, Bahamas
- Grand Bahama International Airport (38 mi)
- Treasure Cay Airport (43 mi)
- Abaco I Walker C Airport (47 mi)
- West End Airport (55 mi)
- Marsh Harbour International Airport (63 mi)
- Great Harbour Cay Airport (65 mi)
- Chub Cay Airport (86 mi)
- Bimini North Seaplane Base (95 mi)
- Lynden Pindling International Airport (118 mi)
- Palm Beach International Airport (124 mi)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (134 mi)
- Miami International Airport (149 mi)
- Everglades National Park (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 26.650 and -78.083 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 26° 38' 59" and W -78° 4' 59"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dollar - BSD
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:45 PM (Saturday)
- Timezone: America/Nassau
- UTC/GMT offset: -5 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:12 am and 7:25 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -26.133 and 113.417 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Useless Loop
- This place on Geonames.org
Delve into Pelican Point
Pelican Point in East Grand Bahama District is located in Bahamas about 119 mi (or 192 km) north-west of Nassau, the country's capital town.
Current time in Pelican Point is now 11:45 PM (Saturday). The local timezone is named America / Nassau with an UTC offset of -4 hours. We know of 12 airports close to Pelican Point, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Bahamas is Grand Bahama International Airport in a distance of 38 mi (or 62 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. The closest heritage site is Everglades National Park in United states at a distance of 95 mi (or 153 km).
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: High Rock, Hard Bargain, Freeport, West End and Marsh Harbour. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info. Let's start with some photos from the area.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
East Grand Bahama
East Grand Bahama is a district of the Bahamas, situated on the eastern part of the island of Grand Bahama. The local government seat for the district is in the settlement of High Rock, a fairly small town. It is situated approximately 40 miles east of the City of Freeport, and 20 miles from the easternmost settlement of McLeans Town. Other settlements of East Grand Bahama include Rocky Creek, Pelican Point, Gambier Point and Sweeting Cay.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Pelican Point.
- High Rock
- Hard Bargain
- West End
- Marsh Harbour
- Alice Town
- San Andros
- Spanish Wells
- West Palm Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Governor's Harbour
- Ft Pierce
- Vero Beach
- Moore Haven
- Black Point
- Arthur's Town
- Fort Myers
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Pelican Point Settlement, Pelican Point