in Departamento de Soriano, Uruguay
- Ricardo de Tomasi International Airport (23 mi)
- Fray Bentos Airport (38 mi)
- Carmelo International Airport (44 mi)
- Gualeguaychu Airport (58 mi)
- Laguna de Los Patos International Airport (66 mi)
- San Fernando Airport (79 mi)
- Tydeo Larre Borges Airport (80 mi)
- Jorge Newbery Airpark (81 mi)
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport (100 mi)
- Carrasco International /General C L Berisso Airport (137 mi)
- Historic Quarter of the City of Colonia del Sacramento (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- -33.507 and -57.801 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- S -33° 30' 25" and W -57° 48' 2"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Peso - UYU
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:06 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: America/Montevideo
- UTC/GMT offset: -3 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:25 am and 6:24 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- 32.416 and 121.344 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Delve into Palmitas
Palmitas in Departamento de Soriano with it's 1,979 habitants is a city located in Uruguay about 133 mi (or 215 km) north-west of Montevideo, the country's capital town.
Current time in Palmitas is now 09:06 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named America / Montevideo with an UTC offset of -3 hours. We know of 10 airports closer to Palmitas, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Uruguay is Ricardo de Tomasi International Airport in a distance of 23 mi (or 38 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. It's Historic Quarter of the City of Colonia del Sacramento in a distance of 95 mi (or 153 km), East.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Mercedes, Fray Bentos, Gualeguaychu, Villa Paranacito and Trinidad. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info. Let's start with some photos from the area.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 11°C / 51 °F
|Morning Temperature||9°C / 49 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 49 °F|
|Night Temperature||6°C / 44 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1025.5 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 14 km/h (9 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 18th of August 2019
8°C (46 °F)
6°C (42 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Monday, 19th of August 2019
10°C (50 °F)
8°C (46 °F)
Scattered clouds, light breeze.
Tuesday, 20th of August 2019
12°C (54 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Tormenta En Plena Ruta En Uruguay 2012
ese dia volviamos argentina despues de un finde en uruguay. sabiamos que vendria una lluvia. pero no de esta forma.. por suerte llegamos bien pero para la proxima lo tendremos en cuenta.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Soriano is a department of Uruguay. Its capital is Mercedes. It is located on the west of the country, south of Río Negro Department, north of Colonia Department and west of Flores Department. Its western border is the Río Uruguay, separating it from Argentina.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Palmitas.
- Fray Bentos
- Villa Paranacito
- Colonia del Sacramento
- Concepcion del Uruguay
- San Isidro
- Buenos Aires
- General San Martin
- Belen de Escobar
- San Jose de Mayo
- Lomas de Zamora
- San Justo
- La Plata
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: