in Rif-dimashq Governorate, Syria
- Damascus International Airport (25 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (52 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (59 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (71 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (97 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (102 mi)
- Bassel Al-Assad International Airport (116 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (125 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (142 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (149 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Ouadi Qadisha (the Holy Valley) and the Forest of the Cedars of God (Horsh Arz el-Rab) (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- Byblos (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Crac des Chevaliers and Qal’at Salah El-Din (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 86 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 106 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 33.756 and 36.388 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 33° 45' 22" and E 36° 23' 17"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - SYP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Armenian, French, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:42 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Asia/Damascus
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:25 am and 7:48 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 5,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning it is not safe to travel Syria.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Syria. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Rankūs in Rif-dimashq Governorate is a town in Syria about 18 mi (or 29 km) north of Damascus, the country's capital city.
Current time in Rankūs is now 10:42 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Asia / Damascus with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 10 airports near Rankūs, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Syria is Damascus International Airport in a distance of 25 mi (or 40 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Syria is Ancient City of Damascus in a distance of 18 mi (or 28 km), South.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Saydnaya, `Assal al Ward, At Tall, Ma`lula and Douma. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 32°C / 89 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 71 °F|
|Evening Temperature||35°C / 95 °F|
|Night Temperature||26°C / 79 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1009 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Saturday, 26th of June 2021
33°C (92 °F)
28°C (83 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 27th of June 2021
34°C (93 °F)
30°C (85 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 28th of June 2021
36°C (96 °F)
30°C (86 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Deir Cherubim : Destruction d'un armement du régime صيدنايا : تفجير الية عسكرية بالقرب دير الشيروبيم
Saydnaya - Deir Cherubim : Destruction d'un armement de l'armée du régime صيدنايا : تفجير الية عسكرية بالقرب من دير الشيروبيم Association for the...
Liberalization of hostages in tal mneen area
Syrian Arab Army, during its operations in the region of tal mneen discovers jail to terrorist gangs and Free who inside.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Rankous or Rankus is a Syrian village and summer resort in the province's Damascus countryside located in Mount Qalamoun (anti-Lebanon) in Syria, 45 km from Damascus, with a total area of 22.277 km ², extends between 1650 and 2150 m. The climate of the village is cool in summer and cold in winter. The rate of rain and snow usually varies between 350 and 650 mm. The mountains surrounding the village are covered with snow in winter. The population is 19,900 inhabitants.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Rankūs.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Rannkoûs, Rankūs, رنكوس