in Powiat pszczyński of Województwo Śląskie, Poland
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (8 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (23 mi)
- Zabreh Ostrava Airport (34 mi)
- Katowice International Airport (37 mi)
- Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport (38 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (42 mi)
- Žilina Airport (51 mi)
- Częstochowa-Rudniki (66 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (144 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (164 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (175 mi)
- Warsaw Chopin Airport (178 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž (Unesco heritage, 80 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 103 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 126 mi)
- Chorzów - Śląski Ogród Zoologiczny (zoo, (23 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 49.954 and 18.853 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 49° 57' 14" and E 18° 51' 10"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Zloty - PLN
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:32 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Warsaw
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:36 am and 8:50 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Poland.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Poland. Last Update: 2020-06-07 07:21:47
Delve into Wisła Wielka
Wisła Wielka in Powiat pszczyński (Województwo Śląskie) is located in Poland about 183 mi (or 295 km) south-west of Warsaw, the country's capital town.
Current time in Wisła Wielka is now 11:32 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Warsaw with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports close to Wisła Wielka, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Poland is Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield in a distance of 8 mi (or 12 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Poland is Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) in a distance of 15 mi (or 25 km), North-East. We encountered 1 points of interest near this location. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Strumien, Suszec, Pszczyna, Goczalkowice Zdroj and Kobior. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 23°C / 73 °F
|Morning Temperature||13°C / 56 °F|
|Evening Temperature||21°C / 70 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||9%|
|Air Pressure||1008 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Setting with 0 km/h (0 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 99% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Monday, 8th of June 2020
13°C (55 °F)
12°C (53 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Tuesday, 9th of June 2020
14°C (57 °F)
15°C (59 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Wednesday, 10th of June 2020
18°C (65 °F)
15°C (59 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Goczałkowice. Zbiornik wodny. Dwa oblicza wody.
Jezioro Goczałkowickie - Zbiornik Goczałkowicki -- zbiornik zaporowy na Wiśle utworzony w 1956 roku przez spiętrzenie wód rzecznych zaporą w Goczałkowicach w województwie śląskim....
zapora goczałkowice 17.05.2010 godz19.00.avi
bardzo wysoki poziom wody w zaporze Goczałkowickiej, zrzut wody 100m3/s...sporo.
ZAGRODA ŻUBRÓW w Pszczynie.
Wspaniała wycieczka do Pokazowej Zagrody Żubrów w Zabytkowym Parku Pszczyńskim przy ul. Żorskiej. Zwiedzać można od IV do X w godz. 9-19,oo - godz.karmienia 10,oo, 12,oo, 14,oo, 16,oo...
Poziom wody w zbiornikach powiatu pszczyńskiego - maj 2010
Kamera portalu pyna.pl 17go maja 2010 odwiedziła zapory na zbiornikach wodnych w Goczałkowicach-Zdroju i w Łące.
Top Talent - Chybie 1-5.02.2015 - Obejrzemecz.pl
Relacja portalu ObejrzeMecz.pl ze szkolenia młodych piłkarzy w Szkółce Piłkarski Top Talent w Chybiu. Zapraszamy na naszą stronę www.obejrzemecz.pl oraz na nasz profil na FB: https://www.f...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Brzeźce (German Brzestz) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Pszczyna, within Pszczyna County, Silesian Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 10 kilometres west of Pszczyna and 35 km south-west of the regional capital Katowice. The village has a population of 1,041.
Poręba, Pszczyna County
Poręba (German Poremba) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Pszczyna, within Pszczyna County, Silesian Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 6 kilometres west of Pszczyna and 31 km south of the regional capital Katowice. The village has an approximate population of 900. \t\t \t\t\tBażantarnianowa. jpg \t\t\t The Princely Pheasantry
Wisła Wielka is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Pszczyna, within Pszczyna County, Silesian Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 8 kilometres south-west of Pszczyna and 35 km south of the regional capital Katowice. The village has a population of 1,900. The village of Wisła was first mentioned in 1223 as Vizla, in a document of Bishop of Wrocław issued for Norbertine Sisters in Rybnik among villages paying them tithe.
Goczałkowice Reservoir is an artificial water reservoir in the Silesian Voivodeship in Poland created with a dam on the Vistula in 1956. The area of the reservoir is 32 square kilometres and its capacity is 168 million m³. It is around 75 kilometres west of Kraków. The shores of the lake are the breeding area for many bird species.
The Princely Pheasantry
The Princely Pheasantry is a late 18th century neoclassical building in Pszczyna Poręba, southern Poland. It was founded by the Prince of Pszczyna Frederick Erdmann, designed by Wilhelm Pusch and built between 1792 and 1800.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Wisła Wielka.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: