in Powiat bieruńsko-lędziński of Województwo Śląskie, Poland
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (10 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (25 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (28 mi)
- Katowice International Airport (29 mi)
- Zabreh Ostrava Airport (48 mi)
- Częstochowa-Rudniki (57 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (58 mi)
- Žilina Airport (62 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (157 mi)
- Warsaw Chopin Airport (165 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (178 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 2 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 27 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 103 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 111 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 125 mi)
- Chorzów - Śląski Ogród Zoologiczny (zoo, (17 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 50.063 and 19.148 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 50° 3' 46" and E 19° 8' 53"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Zloty - PLN
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 12:24 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Warsaw
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:04 am and 7:25 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Poland.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Poland. Last Update: 2020-04-07 07:21:47
Kopań in Powiat bieruńsko-lędziński (Województwo Śląskie) is a city in Poland about 170 mi (or 274 km) south-west of Warsaw, the country's capital.
Local time in Kopań is now 12:24 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Warsaw with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Kopań, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Poland is Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield in a distance of 10 mi (or 16 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Poland is Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) in a distance of 2 mi (or 3 km), South-East. We found 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Bojszowy, Bierun, Chelm Slaski, Ledziny and Imielin. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 14°C / 58 °F
|Morning Temperature||6°C / 43 °F|
|Evening Temperature||17°C / 62 °F|
|Night Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1034 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 8th of April 2020
15°C (59 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Thursday, 9th of April 2020
16°C (61 °F)
12°C (54 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 10th of April 2020
15°C (59 °F)
11°C (53 °F)
Broken clouds, light breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Dzień Pamięci o Zagładzie Romów (Muzeum Auschwitz)
2 sierpnia 2008 r. W byłym obozie Auschwitz II-Birkenau odbyły się uroczystości Dnia Pamięci o Zagładzie Romów. Przypada on w 64. rocznicę likwidacji w Birkenau tzw. cygańskiego obozu...
KL AUSCHWITZ - BIRKENAU (OŚWIĘCIM) - Konzentrationslager
KL AUSCHWITZ II - BIRKENAU (Brzezinka) niemiecki obóz koncentracyjny na terenie Polski!. Drugi główny obóz zespołu był przede wszystkim obozem śmierci największym nazistowskim obozem...
club evoque bierun luglio 2012
Un cingolato chiamato EVOQUE... Discarica miniera a Bierun ( Katowice Polonia ) Czołg o nazwie EVOQUE ... Hałda Bieruń.
Freerunning Promo Video
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DawidFriebe Nor (and/or): - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DawidFriebe - Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+DawidFriebe Subscribe my channel:...
Oswiecim (Auschwitz, Birkenau) (concentration camps), Krakow - Poland
Our trip to Poland, 10.9.2009. We went to Oswiecim (Auschwitz, Birkenau) (concentration camps) and then to Krakow. These and more photos in full resolution can be found on my SkyDrive: http://rf...
Crematorium II Auschwitz Birkenau
Some views with comments, of Crematorium II at Auschwitz Birkenau, the former German death camp in Poland. Please take a look at Video History Today http://www.videohistorytoday.com ,...
Auschwitz II-Birkenau concentration camp, Brzezinka
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Oświęcim; Brzezinka, Lesser Poland, Poland, 2009-09-14; アウシュビッツ第2強制収容所（ビルケナウ）、国立アウシュビッツ・ビ...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Pławy is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Oświęcim, within Oświęcim County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 7 kilometres west of Oświęcim and 57 km west of the regional capital Kraków. The village has a population of 350.
Jedlina, Silesian Voivodeship
Jedlina is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Bojszowy, within Bieruń-Lędziny County, Silesian Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It lies approximately 5 kilometres south-east of Bojszowy, 12 km south of Bieruń, and 26 km south of the regional capital Katowice. The village has a population of 463.
Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum is a memorial and museum in Oświęcim, Poland, which includes the German concentration camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau. It is devoted to the memory of the murders in both camps during World War II. The museum performs several tasks, among them research into the Holocaust.
Oświęcim Basin is a lowland, located in southern Poland, between the Lesser Poland Highlands to the north, Silesian Foothills and Wieliczka Foothills to the south. It has the size of around 1,236 km . Its name comes from the city of Oświęcim. It is located on the Vistula River on the confluences of Biała, Soła and Skawa which begin in Carpathian Mountains and Przemsza which begins in Silesian Highlands.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Kopań.