in Powiat suski of Województwo Małopolskie, Poland
- Nowy Targ Airport (26 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (31 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (32 mi)
- Žilina Airport (51 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (58 mi)
- Katowice International Airport (61 mi)
- Sliač Airport (72 mi)
- Częstochowa-Rudniki (87 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (147 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (153 mi)
- Warsaw Chopin Airport (185 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 16 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 91 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 49.644 and 19.542 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 49° 38' 38" and E 19° 32' 32"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Zloty - PLN
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 05:00 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Warsaw
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:19 am and 3:43 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Poland.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Poland. Last Update: 2020-12-01 08:35:37
Delve into Zawoja
Zawoja in Powiat suski (Województwo Małopolskie) with it's 6,200 habitants is a town located in Poland about 190 mi (or 305 km) south of Warsaw, the country's capital town.
Time in Zawoja is now 05:00 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Warsaw with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports closer to Zawoja, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Poland is Nowy Targ Airport in a distance of 26 mi (or 42 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Poland is Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), North. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Stryszawa, Sucha Beskidzka, Zembrzyce, Makow Podhalanski and Budzow. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: -0°C / 32 °F
|Morning Temperature||-6°C / 21 °F|
|Evening Temperature||-3°C / 26 °F|
|Night Temperature||-3°C / 27 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1023 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Calm with 2 km/h (1 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 1% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 3rd of December 2020
1°C (33 °F)
0°C (33 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Friday, 4th of December 2020
3°C (38 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Saturday, 5th of December 2020
4°C (40 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Stok Mosorny Groń - Zawoja
Spokojny zjazd ze stoku Mosorny Groń w Zawoju w dniu 31.12.2014 r. Kamera Sony HDR-AS100.
Zawoja 2015 - cz 2 - Wizyta górali
Zimowisko organizowane w Zawoi przez Parafię Rzymskokatolicka pw. Niepokalanego Poczęcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny w Lublinie.
Joy Ride Open / Zawoja 2014 - 2PRoject.pl
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/2PRoject.media SUBSKRYBUJ: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=2PRojectMedia http://www.2project.pl Joy Ride Open / Zawoja 2014 ...
Zawoja - Mosorny Groń w Policzne
Lato 2007. Z Córką na urlopie Zawoja - Mosorny Groń 1045 m n.p.m. W Policzne Kolej Linowa (czteroosobowe krzesełko) długość: 1380 m. Czas jazdy:10 min. ZAWOJA - miejscowość malowniczo...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Zawoja is a village in Southern Poland located close to Maków Podhalański. It is situated in Sucha County. With neighbouring village of Skawica it constitutes a rural Zawoja Commune. It has 6,200 inhabitants (2001) and is often mentioned as one of the biggest Polish villages. It is also very often referred as the longest one as it stretches for about 20 kilometres in a picturesque mountain valley.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Zawoja.
- Sucha Beskidzka
- Makow Podhalanski
- Lipnica Wielka
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- Czarny Dunajec
Stryszawa › North: Rzeczpospolita, Stryszawa (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: