Mahalina
in Diana Region, Madagascar

How to get there and get around
Noteable things around
Location Summary
Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
-12.533 and 48.817 (Lat./Lng.)
Coordinates by Time:
S -12° 31' 59" and E 48° 49' 0"
Currency and Currency Code:
Ariary - MGA
Spoken languages:
French, Malagasy
Local electricity:
230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
Local Time: 11:35 AM (Tuesday)
Timezone: Indian/Antananarivo
UTC/GMT offset: 3 hours
Sunrise and Sunset:
5:37 am and 6:18 pm
Antipode Coordinates:
28.883 and -118.293 (Lat./Lng.)
Closest place to antipode coordinates:
Campamento Sur
References
This place on Wikipedia
This place on Geonames.org
Current travel safety evaluation for Madagascar in Eastern Africa

Safety Score: 2,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Madagascar.

Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Madagascar. Last Update: 2020-01-27 07:21:22

Delve into Mahalina

Mahalina in Diana Region with it's 2,217 habitants is located in Madagascar about 449 mi (or 723 km) north of Antananarivo, the country's capital town.

Current time in Mahalina is now 11:35 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Indian / Antananarivo with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 8 airports close to Mahalina. The closest airport in Madagascar is Arrachart Airport in a distance of 34 mi (or 55 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).

There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. It's Rainforests of the Atsinanana in a distance of 92 mi (or 147 km), South-East.

While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Antsiranana, Ambilobe, Sambava, Antsohihy and Pamandzi. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.

Local weather forecast

Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 28°C / 83 °F

Morning Temperature 23°C / 74 °F
Evening Temperature 26°C / 78 °F
Night Temperature 25°C / 76 °F
Chance of rainfall 5%
Air Humidity 68%
Air Pressure 1011 hPa
Wind Speed Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from West
Cloud Conditions Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky
General Conditions Moderate rain

Wednesday, 29th of January 2020

28°C (82 °F)
24°C (76 °F)
Moderate rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.

Thursday, 30th of January 2020

28°C (82 °F)
25°C (76 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, light breeze, scattered clouds.

Friday, 31st of January 2020

28°C (82 °F)
24°C (76 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, broken clouds.

Attractions and noteworthy things

Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.

Mahalina

Mahalina is a municipality in Madagascar. It belongs to the district of Antsiranana II, which is a part of Diana Region. According to 2001 census the population of Mahalina was 2,217. The majority 95% of the population are farmers. The most important crop is rice, while other important products are banana and coconut. Fishing employs the rest 5% of the population.

Located at -12.5333, 48.8167 (Lat. / Lng.), about 0 miles away.
Wikipedia Article
Populated places in Diana Region

Popular in vicinity

These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Mahalina.