in Provincia di Siena of Tuscany, Italy
- Siena / Ampugnano Airport (15 mi)
- Arezzo Airport (26 mi)
- Grosseto Airport (36 mi)
- Firenze / Peretola Airport (47 mi)
- Perugia / San Egidio Airport (50 mi)
- Lucca / Tassignano Airport (66 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (67 mi)
- Forlì Airport (76 mi)
- Bologna / Borgo Panigale Airport (95 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (101 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (109 mi)
- Verona / Villafranca Airport (157 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 7 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 10 mi)
- Historic Centre of Siena (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Historic Centre of San Gimignano (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Historic Centre of Florence (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Piazza del Duomo, Pisa (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Historic Centre of Urbino (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- San Marino Historic Centre and Mount Titano (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Parco Acquasanta di Terme di Chianciano (amusement park, (17 mi)
- Piscine Termali Theia (amusement park, (17 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 43.167 and 11.517 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 43° 10' 0" and E 11° 31' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 12:24 PM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:07 am and 7:01 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2020-09-27 07:19:24
Delve into Moccia
Moccia in Provincia di Siena (Tuscany) is a city located in Italy about 102 mi (or 164 km) north-west of Rome, the country's capital town.
Current time in Moccia is now 12:24 PM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports closer to Moccia, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Siena / Ampugnano Airport in a distance of 15 mi (or 23 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Val d'Orcia in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), South. We saw 2 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Buonconvento, San Giovanni d'Asso, Asciano, Monteroni d'Arbia and Montalcino. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 11°C / 53 °F
|Morning Temperature||11°C / 51 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 51 °F|
|Night Temperature||11°C / 52 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||20%|
|Air Pressure||1000 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Heavy intensity rain|
Monday, 28th of September 2020
17°C (63 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Tuesday, 29th of September 2020
20°C (68 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Wednesday, 30th of September 2020
21°C (70 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Antica Posta L'Abbeveratoio
Fattoria Pieve a Salti
Casa Vacanze La Fornace
Tenuta la Campana
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
The next village
As featured in http://thenextvillage.net/?p=23. On the road from Chiusure to Buonconvento in le Crete Senesi, Tuscany, Italy.
I dolci tipici di Siena: ricciarelli, panforte e cantucci. Le dolcezze di Nanni
In provincia di Siena, una delle aziende toscane più rinomate per la produzione di dolci tipici: Le dolcezze di Nanni. Seguendo le antiche ricette, scegliendo solo materie prime di eccellenza...
Carnevale di Asciano 2014 - Prima Domenica 16/02
Come ogni anno ad Asciano si rinnova l'appuntamento con il carnevale. Tra le attrazioni di questa prima domenica Girlesque, Castle's Drummers e Radio Epicentro. Vi aspettiamo domenica prossima...
Festilval Bandistico Azzurra Lorenzoni 2013 - Asciano (Siena)
Le Majorettes di Asciano sulle note di Washington Post eseguite dalla Soc. Filarmonica "G.Verdi" di Asciano, Banda Musicale Montanarese, Corpo Musicale San Marco di Origgio e la Banda Musicale...
Il Museo Siamo Noi - Asciano (Siena)
Videoclip promozionale dei musei ascianesi ideato ed organizzato dalle tirocinanti del Comune di Asciano (Eva Basile e Vincenza Saponara), coordinato dall'Assessorato alla Cultura del Comune,...
Banda Città di Ceccano - Concerto ad Asciano (SI)
Banda Città di Ceccano - Concerto ad Asciano (SI) - raduno "Azzurra Lorenzoni"
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The Arbia is a torrent in Tuscany, central Italy, an affluence of the Ombrone river. Its source is located in the comune of Castellina in Chianti, at 620 m of altitude. it flows into the Ombrone near Buonconvento. The rivers is mentioned by Dante in his Divine Comedy, its waters getting "colored of red" (Inferno, Canto X, verse 86) in the wake of the Battle of Montaperti between Florence and Siena.
Territorial Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore
The Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore is a large Benedictine monastery in the Italian region of Tuscany, 10 km south of Asciano. Its buildings, which are mostly of red brick, are conspicuous against the grey clayey and sandy soil—the Crete senesi which give this area of Tuscany its name. It is a territorial abbey whose abbot functions as the bishop of the land within the abbey's possession, even though he is not consecrated as a bishop.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Moccia.