in Provincia di Avellino of Campania, Italy
- Salerno / Pontecagnano Airport (29 mi)
- Foggia / Gino Lisa Airport (38 mi)
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (39 mi)
- Bari / Palese International Airport (91 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (98 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (105 mi)
- Latina Airport (115 mi)
- Taranto / Grottaglie Airport (130 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (136 mi)
- Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Costiera Amalfitana (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park with the Archeological Sites of Paestum and Velia, and the Certosa di Padula (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Castel del Monte (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- The Sassi and the Park of the Rupestrian Churches of Matera (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 41.038 and 15.017 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 41° 2' 16" and E 15° 1' 1"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:02 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:53 am and 6:47 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2020-09-26 07:19:32
Explore Santa Caterina
Santa Caterina in Provincia di Avellino (Campania) with it's 160 inhabitants is a city in Italy about 143 mi (or 229 km) south-east of Rome, the country's capital.
Local time in Santa Caterina is now 01:02 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports in the vicinity of Santa Caterina, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Salerno / Pontecagnano Airport in a distance of 29 mi (or 47 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata in a distance of 34 mi (or 55 km), South-West. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Mirabella Eclano, Fontanarosa, Sant'Angelo All'Esca, Grottaminarda and Luogosano. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 61 °F
|Morning Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Evening Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Night Temperature||13°C / 56 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||7%|
|Air Pressure||999 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Sunday, 27th of September 2020
19°C (66 °F)
15°C (58 °F)
Very heavy rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 28th of September 2020
17°C (62 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Tuesday, 29th of September 2020
19°C (65 °F)
14°C (58 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, few clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Spettacolo di cabaret Due per Duo Made In Sud Mirabella Eclano 21/12/2014
Spettacolo di cabaret avvenuto in piazza XXIV Maggio a Mirabella Eclano in occasione dei mercatini di Natale organizzati in data 20 e 21 Dicembre 2014.
Tammurriata Avvocata a Mirabella Eclano 5 maggio 2012.mp4
tammurriata improvvisata dopo il concerto dei Tamburellisti di Torrepaduli.
RIONI IN CORSA - LA PARTENZA
14 SETTEMBRE 2014 - PARTENZA DALLA PIAZZA XXIV MAGGIO DI MIRABELLA ECLANO DELLA PRIMA EDIZIONE DI "RIONI IN CORSA", GARA PODISTICA SU STRADA CON FORMULA ...
La Grande Tirata Streaming Località Maddalena
La Grande Tirata Streaming Il Carro di Mirabella Eclano.
Natale 2014 by Eclanesi100% - Le più belle immagini
Mirabella Eclano. Le più belle immagini del Natale 2014 by Eclanesi100%
La Grande Tirata Streaming Località Borgo (Arrivo)
La Grande Tirata Streaming Il Carro di Mirabella Eclano.
Rioni in Corsa 1^ Edizione PIAZZA XXIV MAGGIO
Gara Podistica Dilettantistica 1^ Edizione Mirabella Eclano ZONA PIAZZA XXIV MAGGIO eclanesi mirabella nel cuore eclanesi mirabellani.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Aeclanum (also spelled Aeculanum, Italian: Eclano) was an ancient town of Samnium, southern Italy, c. 25 km east-southeast of Beneventum, on the Via Appia (near the modern Mirabella Eclano). It became the chief town of the Hirpini after Beneventum had become a Roman colony. Sulla captured it in 89 BC by setting on fire the wooden breastwork by which it was defended, and new fortifications were erected.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Santa Caterina.
- Mirabella Eclano
- Sant'Angelo All'Esca
- Melito Irpino
- San Mango sul Calore
- Torre le Nocelle
- Castelvetere sul Calore
- Apice Vecchio
- Sant'Elena Irpina
- Torella dei Lombardi
- Chiusano di San Domenico
- Ariano Irpino-Martiri
- Sant'Arcangelo Trimonte
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: