in Province of Naples of Campania, Italy
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (19 mi)
- Salerno / Pontecagnano Airport (28 mi)
- Foggia / Gino Lisa Airport (82 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (90 mi)
- Latina Airport (100 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (123 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (125 mi)
- Bari / Palese International Airport (129 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (138 mi)
- Rieti Airport (148 mi)
- Palermo / Punta Raisi Airport (183 mi)
- Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata (Unesco heritage, 10 mi)
- Costiera Amalfitana (Unesco heritage, 12 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park with the Archeological Sites of Paestum and Velia, and the Certosa di Padula (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 124 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 124 mi)
- Marechiaro (observation point, (15 mi)
- Acquario Della Stazione Zoologica Di Napoli (zoo, (16 mi)
- Landscape from Mount Solaro in Chair Lift (observation point, (10 mi)
- Via Krupp (observation point, (9 mi)
- Belvedere Punta Nasone (observation point, (15 mi)
- Valle dell'Orso (amusement park, (11 mi)
- Valle dell'Avventura (amusement park, (11 mi)
- Strada panoramica per Sorrento (observation point, (7 mi)
- Torre dello Ziro (observation point, (12 mi)
- Panorama Costiera Amalfitana (observation point, (12 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 40.624 and 14.381 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 40° 37' 25" and E 14° 22' 51"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:02 PM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:57 am and 6:48 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2022-09-29 08:20:36
Sorrento in Province of Naples (Campania) with it's 14,724 inhabitants is located in Italy about 131 mi (or 210 km) south-east of Rome, the country's capital.
Local time in Sorrento is now 04:02 PM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports in the wider vicinity of Sorrento, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport in a distance of 19 mi (or 30 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata in a distance of 10 mi (or 16 km), North-East. We found 10 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Massa Lubrense, Sant'Agnello, Piano di Sorrento, Meta and Vico Equense. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 21°C / 70 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 70 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Night Temperature||21°C / 70 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||19%|
|Air Pressure||1007 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 38% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Friday, 30th of September 2022
22°C (72 °F)
22°C (72 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Saturday, 1st of October 2022
22°C (71 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 2nd of October 2022
21°C (70 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Royal Grand Hotel
EUROPA PALACE GH
Grand Hotel Cesare Augusto
De La Ville Grand Hotel
Villa di Sorrento
Domus Paola Sorrento
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Recorded April 10, 2013 Sorrento is a small town in Campania, southern Italy, with some 16500 inhabitants. It is a popular tourist destination which can be reached easily from Naples and...
Circumvesuviana from Sorrento to Napoli
View out through the drivers cab of a trip on the Circumvesuviana railway from Sorrento to Napoli.
10 Slalom Sorrento - Santa Agata 2014 - MARIO GARGIULO - Radical SR4 1.6cc
10 SLALOM SORRENTO SANT' AGATA CameraCar - MARIO GARGIULO RADICAL SR4 1.6cc [SPS2] AUTOSPORT SORRENTO.
Costiera Amalfitana (Sorrento,Amalfi,Positano,Vico Equense) Amalfi Coast
Un giro in Costiera passando per Sorrento,Amalfi,Positano e Vico Equense (Luglio 2013)
Liceo Scientifico Salvemini Sorrento: protesta degli studenti
Al Liceo Scientifico Salvemini di Sorrento gli studenti contestano la circolare della Provincia di Napoli che impone alla Scuola di non accettare iscrizioni oltre la disponibilità delle aule...
La caccia al tesoro di Sorrento 2014 - Collettivo Bastardi senza Gloria
Questo è il video che il Collettivo Bastardi senza Gloria ha presentato al concorso bandito in occasione della Caccia Al Tesoro di Sorrento 2014. Il video è diviso in due parti: entrambe...
SUMMER VACATION OUTFITS! (DAY 4)
Hey guys! Welcome to my Sorrento vlogs! I am going to be filming every single day of my summer holiday/vacation, mostly outfits of the day/night joined by my super cute special guest, Emilia...
Sorrento Coast, Pompeii & Capri
An overview of Travel Department's 7 night holiday to the Sorrento Coast, Pompeii & Capri http://goo.gl/4EfSdY.
Geo&Geo al Museo Bottega della Tarsialignea di Sorrento
Estratto del servizio televisivo di Isabella De Felici sulla tradizione dell'intarsio sorrentino e sul Museobottega della Tarsialignea andato in onda a Geo & Geo su RAI 3 l'11 dicembre 2013....
Hotel Corallo from the air, Sorrento Italy
I've been working long hours to finish up one final project before we really begin our journey in earnest, but was able to get out for a few minutes with the Phantom for a flight around the...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The Sorrentine Peninsula or Sorrento Peninsula is a peninsula located in southern Italy that separates the Gulf of Naples to the north from the Gulf of Salerno to the south.
Stadio Italia is a football stadium in Sorrento, Italy. It is the home ground of Sorrento Calcio. The stadium holds 3,600 people.
The Sorrento Cathedral or Cathedral of Sorrento, is a cathedral and Catholic Church in Sorrento in the south of Italy.
Piazza Tasso is a central place and square in Sorrento in the south of Italy. The square is named of the poet Torquato Tasso. In the main square, well known as Largo of the Caste, is the Baroque Church del Carmine, with in its interior an painting by Onofrio Avellino. On the square stands a statue of S. Antonino Abbate. From the square you come in the shopping street Via San Cesareo. Also near Piazza Tasso is the Palazzo Correale now also a museum, Museum Correale.
Museum Correale is a museum in Sorrento in the south of Italy. The museum is situated in a patrician villa, surrounded by a citrus grove, with a terrace of Belvedere that overlooks the Gulf of Naples. The villa is owned by Pompeo and Alfredo Correale, the last descendants of the family. The museum exhibits collections of Neapolitan painters dating from the 17th and 18th century. It contains valuable Capodimonte and Sèvres ceramics, Murano glassware, Bohemia crystals and a collection of watches.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Sorrento.
- Massa Lubrense
- Piano di Sorrento
- Vico Equense
- Castellammare di Stabia
- Torre Annunziata
- Santa Maria La Carita
- Torre del Greco
- Casola di Napoli
- San Michele
- Piazza Roma
- Sant'Antonio Abate
- Conca dei Marini
Sorrento, Sorrento (source)
Sorrento: Vesuvio National Park, Sorrento (source)
Sorrento: Maresca Hotel Praiano, Sorrento (source)
Sorrento: Cristina Hotel, Sorrento (source)
Priora: Marina Grande, Priora (source)
Sant'Agnello: Sorrento, Sant'Agnello (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Sorrent, Sorrento, Sorrente, סורנטו, सोरेन्टो, RRO, ソレント, Surriento, Сорренто