Massa di Somma
in Province of Naples of Campania, Italy
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (5 mi)
- Salerno / Pontecagnano Airport (32 mi)
- Foggia / Gino Lisa Airport (73 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (79 mi)
- Latina Airport (90 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (110 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (113 mi)
- Bari / Palese International Airport (126 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (129 mi)
- Rieti Airport (135 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 6 mi)
- Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata (Unesco heritage, 9 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 16 mi)
- Costiera Amalfitana (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park with the Archeological Sites of Paestum and Velia, and the Certosa di Padula (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Zoo di Napoli (zoo, (10 mi)
- Marechiaro (observation point, (10 mi)
- Acquario Della Stazione Zoologica Di Napoli (zoo, (7 mi)
- Gloria Village (amusement park, (11 mi)
- Belvedere Punta Nasone (observation point, (3 mi)
- Valle dell'Orso (amusement park, (5 mi)
- Valle dell'Avventura (amusement park, (5 mi)
- Edenlandia (amusement park, (10 mi)
- Strada panoramica per Sorrento (observation point, (12 mi)
- Meravilandia Parco Divertimenti (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 40.846 and 14.375 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 40° 50' 43" and E 14° 22' 30"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 12:56 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:42 am and 5:48 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Delve into Massa di Somma
Massa di Somma in Province of Naples (Campania) with it's 5,573 habitants is a city located in Italy about 121 mi (or 194 km) south-east of Rome, the country's capital town.
Current time in Massa di Somma is now 12:56 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 10 airports closer to Massa di Somma, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport in a distance of 5 mi (or 8 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Historic Centre of Naples in a distance of 6 mi (or 9 km), West. We saw 10 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Pollena Trocchia, San Sebastiano al Vesuvio, Cercola, Sant'Anastasia and San Giorgio a Cremano. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 15°C / 59 °F
|Morning Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Evening Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Night Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 3 km/h (2 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 68% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Tuesday, 25th of February 2020
16°C (61 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Wednesday, 26th of February 2020
15°C (59 °F)
8°C (47 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, scattered clouds.
Thursday, 27th of February 2020
12°C (54 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Eracle Hotel Resort & Sport
Villa Signorini Events & Hotel
Relais Villa Buonanno
Miglio d'Oro Park Hotel
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Devozione alla Madonna dell'Arco
Correva l'anno 1450, sulla strada che dai paesi vesuviani portava a Napoli, in Contrada "Archi". Un dipinto popolare della Madonna, con il Bambino Gesù in braccio, era impresso in un'edicola...
Madonna dell'Arco _ Lunedì in Albis 01-04-2013
In pellegrinaggio con battenti e fujenti verso il Santuario di Madonna dell'Arco...
Stazione Cook, Ercolano: com'era com'è. Fasi del recupero funzionale
Stazione Cook, Ercolano: com'era com'è. Fasi del recupero strutturale e funzionale del manufatto storico sito in località San Vito.
Village of San Sebastiano al Vesuvio destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, Italy,1941
Residents of the village of San Sebastiano al Vesuvio flee as lava from Mount Vesuvius begins to destroy buildings on March 21, 1941. While some put their last possessions on trucks, others...
Madonna dei pescatori di Ercolano
Messa, sulla marina ercolanese, per la Madonna dei subacquei e dei pescatori di Ercolano, alla presenza dei Sindaci di Ercolano, di Torre del greco e di Portici e deposizione della corona d'alloro...
Una settimana, un giorno (cover Edoardo Bennato) by FDAB live @Cercola (NA)
FDAB 08-4-11 live@ Cercola (piazza) (NA) Nella cittadina natale di Tony Cercola e degli Scarpato Bros, Dubois/FDAB è ospite degli Hill Side Di Gennaro e Giuseppe Scarpato per il primo di...
M5S Cercola Presenta: Una Strada difficile da percorrere...
un "report" dei ragazzi del Movimento 5 stelle Cercola. Invito tutti, qualora vedessero, notassero, stati i abbandono, incurie, manutenzione stradale non effettuata vicino casa propria o...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Villa of the Papyri
The Villa of the Papyri (Italian: Villa dei Papiri, and alternative spelling Villa de Papyri) is a private house in the ancient Roman city of Herculaneum. Situated north-west of the township, the residence sits halfway up the slope of the volcano Vesuvius without other buildings to obstruct the view. The villa suburbana was owned by Julius Caesar's father-in-law, Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus. In AD 79, the eruption of Vesuvius covered all of Herculaneum with some 30 m of volcanic ash.
Herculaneum (in modern Italian Ercolano) was an ancient Roman town destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 A.D. , located in the territory of the current commune of Ercolano, in the Italian region of Campania in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius. It is most famous for having been lost, along with Pompeii, Stabiae, Boscoreal and Oplontis, in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79 which buried it in superheated pyroclastic material.
Palace of Portici
The Royal Palace of Portici (Reggia di Portici or Palazzo Reale di Portici) is a former royal palace in Portici, southern Italy. Today it is the home of the Orto Botanico di Portici. The Botanic Gardens are operated by the University of Naples Federico II. They were once part of a big estate that included an English garden, a zoo and formal parterres.
Santa Maria Airfield
Santa Maria Airfield is an abandoned World War II military airfield in Italy, located in the Cappella Santa Maria Del Carmine area of Naples, about 23 km southeast from the main Naples Airport. It was an all-weather temporary field built by the XII Engineer Command using a graded earth compacted surface, with a prefabricated hessian (burlap) surfacing known as PHS.
Cercola Airfield is an abandoned World War II military airfield in Italy, located approximately 2 km north of Cercola in the Province of Naples in the Italian region Campania. It was an all-weather temporary field built by the United States Army Air Force IX Engineer Command using a graded earth compacted surface, with a prefabricated hessian (burlap) surfacing known as PHS.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Massa di Somma.
- Pollena Trocchia
- San Sebastiano al Vesuvio
- San Giorgio a Cremano
- Torre del Greco
- Pomigliano d'Arco
- Somma Vesuviana
- Casalnuovo di Napoli
- Castello di Cisterna
- Torre Annunziata
- San Vitaliano