in Southern District, Israel
- Ein Yahav Airfield (13 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (37 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (45 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (63 mi)
- Yotvata Airfield (63 mi)
- El Gora Airport (68 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (77 mi)
- Aqaba King Hussein International Airport (84 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (86 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 19 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Wadi Rum Protected Area (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 91 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 105 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 30.809 and 35.242 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 30° 48' 32" and E 35° 14' 31"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:49 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:41 am and 6:08 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 2,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2019-10-14 07:23:18
Delve into ‘Ir Ovot
‘Ir Ovot in Southern District is located in Israel about 66 mi (or 107 km) south of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in ‘Ir Ovot is now 10:49 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 9 airports close to ‘Ir Ovot, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ein Yahav Airfield in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev in a distance of 19 mi (or 31 km), South.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: At Tafilah, Busayra, Ash Shawbak, `Ayy and Al Mazar al Janubi. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 33°C / 91 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Evening Temperature||28°C / 82 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1014.7 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (2 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 65% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Wednesday, 16th of October 2019
29°C (84 °F)
22°C (71 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, few clouds.
Thursday, 17th of October 2019
27°C (80 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Scattered clouds, light breeze.
Friday, 18th of October 2019
26°C (80 °F)
20°C (68 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
צימר בערבה, סהרה צימרים בעידן, אירוח ייחודי במדבר, Sahara Desert vacations
סוויטות בעיצוב מרוקאי בצילו של נחל חווארים שוכן מתחם צימרים מיוחד ומגוון המתאים למשפחות וזוגות עם הנוחות...
A rare sighting of Caracal in southern Israel
This rare sighting of a Caracal (Felis caracal) in southern Israel was captured on film! 2005. Hazeva, Israel.
lotan's way - the first international wilderness therapy conference in Israel
lotan's way, a national project for wilderness activities for youth at risk in Israel. the first ,great, conference held on 11-12.2.09 at the Arava. see you next time, altman.
מסלולרי - תמר המקראית
ברוכים הבאים לתמר המקראית, הנמצאת בעיר אובות שבערבה. חוקרים משערים כי שלמה המלך הקים את תמר לפני כ3000 שנים....
The Eggplanters / יום בחיי החצילאים
In Nov 2013 I joined a project called "Hebrew Work" at Moshav Idan in the Arava (south of Israel) to encourage locals to work at agriculture. I assembled this video only from stills picture...
Dirgahayu NTT Ke - 60Thn dari Pelajar NTT di Israel
Peserta Magang Pertanian dari NTT di Israel Mengucapkan DIRGAHAYU NTT Ke 60 Tahun.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Ir Ovot, was an agricultural cooperative (kibbutz) in Israel 1967–1980s, located in the northeastern Negev's Arava region, and still refers to a small, group of homes near New Ein Hatzeva. It is the site of an extensive archaeological complex known as Tamar Fortress or Hatzevah Fortress which dates to the 10th century BCE.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of ‘Ir Ovot.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
‘Ir Ovot, Ir Ovot, עיר אובות