in Northern District, Israel
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (15 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (18 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (26 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (64 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (64 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (66 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (67 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (75 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (77 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (90 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 22 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 23 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 27 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 84 mi)
- Miẕpé Hod (observation point, (3 mi)
- Miẕpé Yammim (observation point, (7 mi)
- Miẕpé Pe’er (observation point, (21 mi)
- Miẕpé Elot (observation point, (19 mi)
- Taẕpit Alam Raẖimov (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Monfor (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpor Ẕipporim Ha’Ammud (observation point, (10 mi)
- Miẕpé H̱useyẕ (observation point, (22 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.908 and 35.336 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 54' 29" and E 35° 20' 7"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:45 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:30 am and 7:44 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2020-06-03 07:22:25
Sawa‘id in Northern District is a town in Israel about 79 mi (or 127 km) north of Jerusalem, the country's capital city.
Current time in Sawa‘id is now 06:45 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 10 airports near Sawa‘id, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ben Ya'akov Airport in a distance of 15 mi (or 23 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is Old City of Acre in a distance of 15 mi (or 24 km), West. We discovered 8 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Nazareth, Bent Jbail, Al Butayhah, Haifa and Fiq. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 26°C / 79 °F
|Morning Temperature||12°C / 53 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 75 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 62 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1014 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Friday, 5th of June 2020
27°C (81 °F)
19°C (67 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 6th of June 2020
32°C (90 °F)
20°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 7th of June 2020
33°C (92 °F)
18°C (65 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Гнёздо моё родное (поёт бард Наталья Губер)
Исполняют Наталья Губер и гитара Юрий Кремер, стихи Леонида Сороки, музыка Юрия Шевченко. Гнездо моё родно...
DJI Phantom vision 2 plus - Ofira park, Karmiel, Israel
This is a second test flight of the Phantom vision 2 plus in Ofira Park in Karmiel. It was a bit windy today as you can see from the trees...
Karmiel Summer Course Video Clip
Introduction to the Summer Course For Foreign Teachers and Dancers of Israeli Folk Dancing As part of the Karmiel Dance Festival.
הבית הכתום - אנדרס שניידר מעצב שיער, תספורות בכרמיאל - shear TV
שיער טי וי ערוץ השיער והיופי באינטרוויזיה מציג: http://www.shear.co.il/ הבית הכתום - אנדרס שניידר מעצב שיער Singer: ANA BARBARA...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Kamanneh or Kamane is a Bedouin village in Misgav Regional Council in Israel. It is the result of the merger between Suweid (Kammaneh East) and Kamun (Kammaneh West) and the new village consists of six main neighborhoods. It is located off Mount Kamun north of the Israeli-Arab city of Sakhnin. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics the village had a population 1,100 at the end of 2005.
Mikhmanim is a communal village in the hills of the Galilee. Established in 1980, it is situated atop Mt. Kammon, the highest peak in the Lower Galilee, overlooking the city of Karmiel. Mikhmanim is under the jurisdiction of the Misgav Regional Council, which organizes cultural events and youth activities for all the villages in the area. The community currently (April 2011) numbers about 70 families, with 150 children.
Highway 85 (Israel)
Highway 85 is an east-west highway in Northern Israel. It is one of the most important roads through the Galilee, connecting the western Galilee with the Eastern Galilee. The road begins in Akko on the west coast of Israel and ends in the east just north of Lake Kinneret.
Shezor is a moshav in the Galilee in northern Israel. It is located near the similarly named Arab village, Sajur. It belongs to the Merom HaGalil Regional Council. The community was founded as a Nachal planned community that was settled in 1953 by immigrants to Israel from Morocco. After most of the original settlers left the community, new immigrants arrived from Iraq and Iran. The moshav is named for an ancient city named "Shezur" that apparently existed nearby.
Lotem is a kibbutz in northern Israel. Located in the Galilee, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 460. The village was founded in 1978
Hamdon is an unrecognised Bedouin village in northern Israel. Located in the Galilee near Lotem, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council.
Hussniyya is a Bedouin village in northern Israel. Located in the Galilee near Karmiel, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 545. The village was recognized by the state in 1996. Its inhabitants belong to the Swaid tribe. The women of Hussniya offer guided tours of the area focusing on picking and cooking wild plants.
Sallama is a Bedouin village in northern Israel. Located in the Galilee near the Tzalmon Stream, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. In 2007 it had a population of 2,100. The village was recognised by the state in 1976.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Sawa‘id.
- Bent Jbail
- Al Butayhah
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Al Khushniyah
- Kafr Asad
- Nabatiye et Tahta
- At Tayyibah
- Al Qunaytirah
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- Samma ar Rawsan
- Ash Shajarah
- Khan Arnabah
- Al Mazar ash Shamali
- Al Hisn
- Al Muzayrib
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Sawā‘id, Sawa‘id, סועד