in Northern District, Israel
- Haifa International Airport (15 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (18 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (30 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (60 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (64 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (66 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (67 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (74 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (80 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (89 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 19 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 23 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 80 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 80 mi)
- Miẕpé Hod (observation point, (7 mi)
- Miẕpé Yammim (observation point, (10 mi)
- Miẕpé Pe’er (observation point, (25 mi)
- Miẕpé Elot (observation point, (18 mi)
- Taẕpit Alam Raẖimov (observation point, (16 mi)
- Miẕpé Monfor (observation point, (13 mi)
- Miẕpor Ẕipporim Ha’Ammud (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé H̱useyẕ (observation point, (26 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.864 and 35.297 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 51' 51" and E 35° 17' 49"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 08:20 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:35 am and 7:51 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2020-07-03 07:24:56
Delve into Sakhnīn
Sakhnīn in Northern District with it's 24,596 habitants is located in Israel about 76 mi (or 122 km) north of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in Sakhnīn is now 08:20 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 10 airports close to Sakhnīn, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Haifa International Airport in a distance of 15 mi (or 25 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is Old City of Acre in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), West. We encountered 8 points of interest near this location.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Nazareth, Bent Jbail, Haifa, Al Butayhah and Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 29°C / 84 °F
|Morning Temperature||29°C / 84 °F|
|Evening Temperature||29°C / 84 °F|
|Night Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1005 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Saturday, 4th of July 2020
32°C (90 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 5th of July 2020
32°C (90 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 6th of July 2020
30°C (86 °F)
23°C (73 °F)
Broken clouds, gentle breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Yodfat, no norte de Israel, foi cenário da guerra entre os romanos e judeus, no século I d.C. Até hoje podemos ver as escavações e os túneis, num lugar lindo que, na primavera fica florido...
فيديو لماذا الاعتصام؟ قائمة الاعتصام للعضوية. الاعتصام - رؤية شبابية لمدينة عصرية. سخنين تنتخب 2013 انتاج...
Conectar com a alma dos justos: Hanina ben Dosa - canal de milagres
Visitar o túmulo dos justos nos conecta com sua alma e com a energia que revelaram durante sua passagem por este mundo. Hanina ben Dossa foi um canal para milagres.
زومبا للأطفال مع آلاء-سخنين, جمعية المعيلات الوحيدات
ELECTRIFICATE, ZUMBATOMIC زومبا للأطفال مع آلاء-سخنين, جمعية المعيلات الوحيدات.
Гнёздо моё родное (поёт бард Наталья Губер)
Исполняют Наталья Губер и гитара Юрий Кремер, стихи Леонида Сороки, музыка Юрия Шевченко. Гнездо моё родно...
100 الف متظاهر في سخنين للمطالبة بوقف العدوان على عزة
صرخة غصب رفعها أكثر من 100 ألف متظاهر يوم السبت 3/1/2009 في مدينة سخنين في المظاهرة القطرية التي دعت إليها لجنة...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Northern District (Israel)
The Northern District is one of Israel's six administrative districts. The Northern District has a land area of 4,478 km², which increases to 4,638 km² when both land and water are included. The district capital and largest city in the North District is Nazareth.
Doha Stadium is the current home of Bnei Sakhnin. Located in the small Arab Galilee town of Sakhnin, it was built with public funds largely from the State of Israel and the Qatar National Olympic Committee, and was named after the Qatari city of Doha.
Yuvalim is a communal settlement in the Misgav Regional Council in the Galilee. It was established in 1982 by a core group of Rafael employees and their families. Yuvalim was the first communal settlement to be established in Israel. In 2010, Yuvalim had a population of 996.
Eshbal is a small kibbutz in northern Israel. Located in the Lower Galilee near Karmiel, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 53. The village was founded in 1979 as a Nahal settlement. It was civilianised in January 1998 by a kvutza of 30 HaNoar HaOved VeHaLomed youth group members. Since 1998, Eshbal has been the home to the Galil Jewish-Arab School.
Hussniyya is a Bedouin village in northern Israel. Located in the Galilee near Karmiel, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 545. The village was recognized by the state in 1996. Its inhabitants belong to the Swaid tribe. The women of Hussniya offer guided tours of the area focusing on picking and cooking wild plants.
Rakefet is a communal settlement in northern Israel. Located in the Lower Galilee near Sakhnin, it falls under the jurisdiction of Misgav Regional Council. The name means "Cyclamen". In 2006 it had a population of 761. The village was established in 1981 as a moshav shitufi. In August 1989 it was converted to a communal settlement. In September 2011 a High Court of Justice ordered the Israel Lands Administration to allocate a plot of state land to an Arab couple, Fatina and Ahmed Zabeidat.
Siege of Yodfat
The Siege of Yodfat was a 47 day siege by Roman forces of the Jewish town of Yodfat which took place in 67 CE, during the Great Revolt. Led by Roman General Vespasian and his son Titus, both future emperors, the siege ended with the sacking of the town, the deaths of most of its inhabitants and the enslavement of the rest. It was the second bloodiest battle of the revolt, surpassed only by the sacking of Jerusalem, and the longest bar Jerusalem and Masada.
Iphtahel, also known as the Valley of Iphtahel is a Biblical Valley in Nazereth, Israel.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Sakhnīn.
- Bent Jbail
- Al Butayhah
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Kafr Asad
- At Tayyibah
- Al Khushniyah
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- Nabatiye et Tahta
- Samma ar Rawsan
- Al Qunaytirah
- Ash Shajarah
- Al Mazar ash Shamali
- Khan Arnabah
- Al Hisn
- Karney Shomron
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Sikhnin, Sahrin, Saknīn, Sakhnīn, סח’נין, סכנין, Сахнин