in Central District, Israel
- Sde Dov Airport (11 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (11 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (46 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (61 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (61 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (62 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (67 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (67 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (119 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (125 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (153 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 12 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (10 mi)
- Miẕpé Beqoa‘ (observation point, (21 mi)
- Miẕpé Har’el (observation point, (24 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (14 mi)
- Miẕpé Yona (observation point, (30 mi)
- Miẕpé Ilan (observation point, (22 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (13 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.152 and 34.968 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 9' 8" and E 34° 58' 4"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:04 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:06 am and 4:42 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 2,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2019-11-11 07:22:25
Yarẖiv in Central District is a city in Israel about 30 mi (or 49 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital.
Local time in Yarẖiv is now 09:04 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Yarẖiv, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Sde Dov Airport in a distance of 11 mi (or 18 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 12 mi (or 20 km), South-West. We found 7 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Karney Shomron, Tel Aviv, Ramla, Jerusalem and Jericho. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 28°C / 83 °F
|Morning Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Evening Temperature||27°C / 80 °F|
|Night Temperature||26°C / 79 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 15 km/h (9 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 13th of November 2019
31°C (87 °F)
25°C (77 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 14th of November 2019
28°C (83 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 15th of November 2019
23°C (74 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Few clouds, gentle breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
A tour in my DIY Patch of heaven סיור קצר בפיסת גן העדן הקטנה שלי
אחרי שנים ספורות של עבודה בשעות הפנאי סוף כל סוף יש תוצאות האהבה ליצירה בכלל ויצירה בעץ בפרט, הניבה תוצאות...
הפועל כפר סבא - הפועל רמת גן
הפועל כפר סבא - הפועל רמת גן . אלי צורף ו-ואלרי קורלנצוק מבקיעים לכפר סבא.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Kafr Qasim massacre
The Kafr Qasim massacre took place in the Israeli Arab village of Kafr Qasim situated on the Green Line, at that time, the de facto border between Israel and the West Bank on October 29, 1956. It was carried out by the Israel Border Police (Magav) and resulted in 48 Arab civilians dead, including 6 women and 23 children aged 8–17. Arab sources usually give the death toll as 49, as they include the unborn child of one of the women.
The Levita Stadium is a football stadium in Kfar Saba, Israel. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Hapoel Kfar Saba and Beitar Kfar Saba. Initial plans for building this stadium were drawn in the late 1960s, and construction began in 1972. However, financial difficulties caused the construction to stop mid-way in 1973 after the Yom Kippur War. The stadium was eventually completed in 1986 and is capacity of 5,800.
Elishama is a moshav in central Israel. Located in the Sharon plain near Hod HaSharon and Kfar Saba, it falls under the jurisdiction of Drom HaSharon Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 938. The moshav was founded in 1950 by immigrants from Tripoli in Libya, and it was named after Biblical Elishama Ben Ammihud, a leader of the Tribe of Ephraim .
Matan is a communal settlement in central Israel. Located near Yarhiv and Nirit, it falls under the jurisdiction of Drom HaSharon Regional Council. In 2007 it had a population of 3,300. The village was founded in 1995, and took its name from the Bible, specifically Proverbs 18:16; A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
Rosh HaAyin North Railway Station
The Rosh HaAyin North Railway Station is a suburban passenger railway station in Israel, operated by Israel Railways. It is located in north Rosh HaAyin next to Kesem Interchange which connects Highway 5 with the Cross-Israel Highway.
The Qesem Cave is an archeological site 12 km east of Tel Aviv in Israel that is dated during the Lower Paleolithic as having been occupied by early humans from before 382,000 BP to around 200,000 BP. Israeli and Spanish archaeologists reported on December 27, 2010 that they may have found the earliest evidence yet for the existence of modern man.
Qalqilya Zoo is a small 2-hectare zoo in the Palestinian city of Qalqilya on the western edge of the West Bank. Established in 1986, it is the only municipal zoo in the Palestinian territories. The zoo houses 170 animals, a Natural History Museum, a children's entertainment park, and an on-site restaurant.
Eastern Railway (Israel)
The Eastern Railway refers to a railroad in central Israel stretching from Lod to Hadera. As of 2011, the section between Kfar Saba and Lod, as well as a short section just north of Hadera are in use, while the rest of the railway has not been operative since 1969, though there are plans to rebuild and upgrade the railway along the entire route.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Yarẖiv.
- Karney Shomron
- Tel Aviv
- Dayr `Alla
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- As Subayhi
- As Salt
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Al Fuhays
- At Tayyibah
- Kafr Asad
- Wadi as Sir
- Al Mazar ash Shamali
- Al Faysaliyah
- Al `Arid
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Irgun Simḥa, Simhah, Irgun Simhah, Yarẖiv, ירחיב