in Central District, Israel
- Sde Dov Airport (13 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (16 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (40 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (63 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (64 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (67 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (68 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (71 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (114 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (122 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (158 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 30 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 40 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (20 mi)
- Miẕpé Ilan (observation point, (17 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (15 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.234 and 34.950 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 14' 2" and E 34° 57' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:26 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:19 am and 5:28 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 2,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2020-02-17 07:21:47
Delve into Tirah
Tirah in Central District with it's 20,786 habitants is a city located in Israel about 36 mi (or 57 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in Tirah is now 10:26 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports closer to Tirah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Sde Dov Airport in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 15 mi (or 24 km), South-West. We saw 4 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Karney Shomron, Tel Aviv, Ramla, Jerusalem and Nazareth. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 17°C / 63 °F
|Morning Temperature||11°C / 53 °F|
|Evening Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Night Temperature||11°C / 52 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1016 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 13 km/h (8 mph) from West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Wednesday, 19th of February 2020
16°C (61 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Moderate rain, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 20th of February 2020
16°C (60 °F)
11°C (51 °F)
Moderate rain, moderate breeze, few clouds.
Friday, 21st of February 2020
16°C (61 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, broken clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
חוות התוכים כפר הס - חוהמ פסח תשעא - Parrots farm in Kfar Hess
יצאנו במהלך חוה"מ אל חוות התוכים בכפר הס במסגרת אירועים חינם של בנק הפועלים. הגענו אל מקום קסום עם המון תוכים...
David & Goliath
A funny take-off on the David & Goliath story staged in the Valley of Elah, the actual place where the Biblical Battle took place thousands of years ago. Today's "David" (Pastor David McGee)...
Roller Hockey - Herzlia vs. Kokhav Yair (junior Bauer League born 2002-2003)
In Israel's junior "Bauer" inline skate / roller hockey league. Players born 2002-2003. Game between Herzlia and Kokhav Yair.
Logitech G27 - GT5 Academy Edition
I was playing with the clutch pedal & the H shifter. To change gear i need to leave the gas pedal ,then to press the clutch pedal , then change to the right gear, leave the clutch pedal and...
חווית נהיגה ספורטיבית על מסלול בכוכב יאיר. רכב Subaru BRZ. הנעה אחורית , 200 כ"ס. 2.0 ל. מוסיקה "פורגן" 220 זה לא מהירות"...
Roller Hockey - Herzlia vs. Kfar Saba (junior Premier League born 2002-2003)
In Israel's junior "Premier" inline skate / roller hockey league. Players born 2002-2003. Game took place on Dec 28, 2013 between Kfar Saba and Herzlia Bulls.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sde Warburg is a moshav shitufi in the Center District of Israel, established in 1938 as a Tower and stockade by immigrants from Germany. Part of the Drom HaSharon Regional Council, the moshav is located to the north of Kfar Saba. It is named after Botanist and Zionist leader Otto Warburg.
Eyal is a kibbutz in the Centre District of Israel close to the Green line. It is under the jurisdiction of the Drom HaSharon Regional Council
Beit Berl is a village and the largest academic college in Israel in number of students (approximately 7,000) and the range of programs it offers. Located on the outskirts of Kfar Saba, it falls under the jurisdiction of Drom HaSharon Regional Council. In 2006 it had a permanent population of 260.
Qalqilya Zoo is a small 2-hectare zoo in the Palestinian city of Qalqilya on the western edge of the West Bank. Established in 1986, it is the only municipal zoo in the Palestinian territories. The zoo houses 170 animals, a Natural History Museum, a children's entertainment park, and an on-site restaurant.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Tirah.
- Karney Shomron
- Tel Aviv
- Dayr `Alla
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- As Subayhi
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- As Salt
- At Tayyibah
- Kafr Asad
- Al Fuhays
- Al Mazar ash Shamali
- Al Faysaliyah
- Al Butayhah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
At Tira, Et Tire, Eṭ Ṭīra, Tīra, Tirah, א טירה