in Central District, Israel
- Ben Gurion International Airport (9 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (12 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (45 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (56 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (62 mi)
- El Gora Airport (71 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (72 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (74 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (136 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (139 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (144 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 9 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 25 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 27 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 75 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Beqoa‘ (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Har’el (observation point, (15 mi)
- Miẕpé Massu’a (observation point, (21 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Yona (observation point, (11 mi)
- Miẕpé Eshta‘ol (observation point, (18 mi)
- Ma‘aganat Ashdod (marina, (13 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (10 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.944 and 34.757 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 56' 38" and E 34° 45' 24"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:14 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:45 am and 7:29 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2021-05-11 08:35:04
Explore Gan Soréq
Gan Soréq in Central District is a city in Israel about 30 mi (or 48 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital.
Local time in Gan Soréq is now 01:14 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Gan Soréq, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ben Gurion International Airport in a distance of 9 mi (or 14 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 9 mi (or 14 km), North. We found 9 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ramla, Tel Aviv, Karney Shomron, Jerusalem and Gaza. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 81 °F
|Morning Temperature||20°C / 67 °F|
|Evening Temperature||26°C / 79 °F|
|Night Temperature||21°C / 70 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1010 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 12th of May 2021
26°C (78 °F)
20°C (68 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 13th of May 2021
25°C (76 °F)
20°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 14th of May 2021
25°C (78 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Maccabi Rishon LeZion practice - אימון בדמינטון מכבי ראשון לציון
Just me playing a little with my GoPro at Friday's practice. משחק קצת עם המצלמה באימון יום שישי.
Electra traction scenic elevators at G Cinema City in Rishon-Letzion(Main elevators)
Main elevators--- Brand: Electra. Type: MRL traction. Installed at 2009. Elevator bank size: 2. The buttons at this elevators are Otis. מעליות בסינמה סיטי ראשון...
Otis Gen2 traction elevator at G Cinema City in Rishon-Letzion(Elevator to Underground parking)
Elevator to underground parking--- Brand: Otis. Type: MRL traction. Model: Gen2. Installed at 2009.
Brand New Electra service elevators at G Cinema City in Rishon-Letzion(Don't ride)
Service elevators--- Brand: Electra. Type: MRL traction? Installed at 2009. Elevator bank size: 2.
Working new Schindler 100IL scenic talking elevator at G Cinema City in Rishon-Letzion
Working & Doesn't work outdoor scenic elevators--- Brand: Schindler. Type: MRL traction??? Model: 100IL. Installed at 2009.
Broscus cephalotes Feeding on Helix engaddensis
Taken at Gvaot Hakurkar, Ness Ziona, Israel. Shot with a Galaxy S5.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Haberfeld Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Rishon LeZion, Israel. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Hapoel Rishon LeZion. The stadium holds 6,000 and was built in 1993. The stadium is named after former Israel Football Association chairman Haim Haberfeld.
Beit Hanan is a moshav, south of Tel Aviv, Israel, about two kilometers west of Ness Ziona. It belongs to the Moshavim Movement and Gan Raveh Regional Council. The population is approximately 500.
Ness Ziona Stadium
The Ness Ziona Stadium, is a football stadium in Ness Ziona, Israel. Aside from being the stadium of local side, Sektzia Nes Tziona, it recently hosted the Israel national under-19 football team in its bid to qualify for the under-19 European championship.
Gan Raveh Regional Council
Gan Raveh Regional Council is a regional council in the Center District of Israel. The council's area of jurisdiction extends to eight settlements: a kibbutz, six moshavim and a youth village. In 2006, the total population was 5,000. The council serves Ayanot, Beit Hanan, Beit Oved, Ge'alya, Gan Sorek, Kfar HaNagid, Neta'im and Palmachim. The head of the local council is Shlomo Elimelech.
Beit Oved is a moshav in central Israel. Located on the outskirts of Ness Ziona, it falls under the jurisdiction of Gan Raveh Regional Council. In 2006, Beit Oved had a population of 306.
Gan Sorek is a moshav in central Israel. Located in the coastal plain around four kilometres south-west of Rishon LeZion and covering 700 dunams, it falls under the jurisdiction of Gan Raveh Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 326. The moshav was founded on the land of the depopulated Palestinian village of Nabi Rubin in 1950 by immigrants from Poland and Romania and it is named after the nearby Nahal Sorek.
College of Management Academic Studies
The College of Management Academic Studies, a college located in the city of Rishon LeZion Israel, is the largest college in Israel. Founded in 1978, COMAS is the first non-subsidized, not-for-profit academic institution in Israel to be recognized and certified by the Council for Higher Education in Israel.
Superland is an amusement park in Rishon Lezion, Israel. Superland covers an area of 94 acres and has three roller coasters, three wet and dry facilities, a cablecar, and a bungee jumping "Skycoastr. " Superland opened to the public in 1991 and is one of the main amusement parks in Israel, along with Tel Aviv Luna Park and Zapari Birds park in Tel Aviv.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Gan Soréq.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Gan-Shoriq, Gan Soréq, גן שורק, Gan Sorék