in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Hungary
- Uzhhorod International Airport (16 mi)
- Košice Airport (46 mi)
- Satu Mare Airport (59 mi)
- Miskolc Airport (66 mi)
- Debrecen International Airport (69 mi)
- Tautii Magheraus Airport (79 mi)
- Oradea International Airport (96 mi)
- Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport (118 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (158 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 42 mi)
- Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine (Unesco heritage, 93 mi)
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska (Unesco heritage, 102 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.409 and 22.176 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 24' 32" and E 22° 10' 34"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Forint - HUF
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:44 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Budapest
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:39 am and 8:33 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Hungary.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Hungary. Last Update: 2020-07-08 07:23:41
Záhony in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg with it's 4,807 residents is a town located in Hungary about 158 mi (or 255 km) north-east of Budapest, the country's capital place.
Time in Záhony is now 01:44 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Budapest with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports nearby Záhony, of which one is a larger airport. The closest is airport we know is Uzhhorod International Airport in Ukraine in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km). The closest airport in Hungary is Miskolc Airport in a distance of 66 mi (or 26 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Hungary is Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape in a distance of 42 mi (or 68 km), South-West.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Kisvarda, Uzhhorod, Vasarosnameny, Cigand and Sobrance. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 19°C / 67 °F
|Morning Temperature||11°C / 51 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Night Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1018 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Calm with 2 km/h (1 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 52% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Thursday, 9th of July 2020
22°C (71 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, scattered clouds.
Friday, 10th of July 2020
25°C (77 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 11th of July 2020
27°C (80 °F)
14°C (58 °F)
Moderate rain, calm, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Border Slovakia - Ukraine - Chop (Gr) / поезд вена киев
Railroad line Cierna nad Tisou to Chop. Photo taken from sleeper car train Vienna - Kiev. Международный поезд № 8 между Вене, Австрия и Киев, Украин...
2013.11.21. Záhony - Piaggio Liberty 50 2T
Ez a videó nem a nyilvánosságnak készült, hanem azért került fel az oldalra, hogy "bárhol, bármikor" elő lehessen venni.
Ukrán helyzetelemzés a népi önvédelemtől a tyituskákig, azaz a fizetett provokátorokig.(magyarul)
Ukrajnai válság. A tyituska kifejezés szócikk lett a Wikipédián, és azon személyek gyűjtőneve, akiket a hatalom támogat, és akik gyakran a rendőrséggel együttműködve lépnek...
Osobní Чоп - Čierna nad Tisou + KW Kiev - Bratislava @ Čierna nad Tisou
Osobní Чоп - Čierna nad Tisou + KW Kiev - Bratislava @ Čierna nad Tisou.
Tábor mladých rybárov 2014 Čierna nad Tisou
Toto video som vytvoril(-a) pomocou Editora videa YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/editor)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Chop is a city located in the Zakarpattia Oblast of western Ukraine, near the borders of Slovakia and Hungary. It is separated from the Hungarian town of Záhony by the river Tisza, and the city itself is designated as a separate raion (district) within the oblast.
Záhony is a town in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary. It covers an area of 6.97 km and has a population of 4675 people (2005). It is near the Ukrainian border and was part of Ung county before Trianon Treaty. Road and railway border crossings into Ukraine are located here. The Ukrainian town across the border is Chop. \t\t \t\t\tTysa bridge Zahony-Chop. jpg \t\t\t The Tysa bridge at the Chop-Záhony checkpoint (view from the Ukrainian side).
Zsurk is a village in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.
Tiszabezdéd is a village in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.
Győröcske is a small village in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Záhony.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: