in Borsod-Abauj Zemplen county, Hungary
- Miskolc Airport (29 mi)
- Košice Airport (39 mi)
- Debrecen International Airport (44 mi)
- Uzhhorod International Airport (53 mi)
- Satu Mare Airport (74 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (79 mi)
- Oradea International Airport (79 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (111 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (112 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (154 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 4 mi)
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany (Unesco heritage, 84 mi)
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine (Unesco heritage, 99 mi)
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.117 and 21.417 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 7' 0" and E 21° 25' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Forint - HUF
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:02 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Europe/Budapest
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:43 am and 8:19 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Hungary.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Hungary. Last Update: 2020-05-25 07:30:51
Tokaj in Borsod-Abauj Zemplen county with it's 5,071 residents is a town located in Hungary about 118 mi (or 190 km) east of Budapest, the country's capital place.
Time in Tokaj is now 07:02 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Europe / Budapest with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports nearby Tokaj, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Hungary is Miskolc Airport in a distance of 29 mi (or 46 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Hungary is Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape in a distance of 4 mi (or 6 km), North-West. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Tiszavasvari, Szerencs, Sarospatak, Hajdunanas and Ibrany. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 61 °F
|Morning Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Evening Temperature||16°C / 60 °F|
|Night Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||6%|
|Air Pressure||1024 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (3 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 75% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Tuesday, 26th of May 2020
16°C (61 °F)
12°C (54 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Wednesday, 27th of May 2020
17°C (63 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Thursday, 28th of May 2020
17°C (63 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Pünkösdi Találkozó - Tokaj
A Magyar Lakóautó Klub Tokajban töltötte a Pünkösdi hétvégét. 2014. június 06-09. Tiszavirág Camping.
Aszu Wines of Tokaj
Source: Wilson Daniels, Royal Tokaji with Hugh Johnson The Aszu wines of Tokaj and their fully intensity of flavours, freshness and the length on the palate afterwards have been world famous...
Orasul Tokaj Ungaria, despre orasul Tokaj
Orasul Tokaj Ungaria, despre orasul Tokaj Filme infotrip Ungaria 6-9 decembrie 2012 - by Oficiul de turism al Ungariei. Filme realizate de InfoTravelUngaria.ro http://www.infotravelungaria.ro.
First Drop Falls - Ready to Leave It (Tokaj-Szüreti napok 2013)
Szalai Gábor László - guitar/vocals Tamaskovics Tibor - guitar/backing vocals Nagy István - bass Gábor Martin - drums.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Tokaj listen, is a historical town in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county, Northern Hungary, 54 kilometers from county capital Miskolc. It is the centre of the famous Tokaj-Hegyalja wine district where the world famous Tokaji wine is produced. Tokai, a region of Cape Town, is named after the nearby mountains' resemblance to the hills of Tokaj-Hegyalja.
The Bodrog is a river in eastern Slovakia and north-eastern Hungary. It is a tributary to the river Tisza. The Bodrog is formed by the confluence of the rivers Ondava and Latorica near Zemplin (village) in eastern Slovakia.
Tarcal is a village on the eastern edge of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county, northern Hungary, in the famous Tokaj-Hegyalja wine district, 55 km from Miskolc.
These districts belong to Tokaj.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Tokaj.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: