in Cologne District of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Aachen-Merzbrück Airport (16 mi)
- Norvenich Airport (22 mi)
- Geilenkirchen Airport (27 mi)
- Maastricht Aachen Airport (32 mi)
- Liège Airport (38 mi)
- Cologne Bonn Airport (41 mi)
- Mönchengladbach Airport (44 mi)
- Bitburg Airport (47 mi)
- Düsseldorf International Airport (52 mi)
- Luxembourg-Findel International Airport (67 mi)
- Aachen Cathedral (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Castles of Augustusburg and Falkenlust at Brühl (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Cologne Cathedral (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Roman Monuments, Cathedral of St Peter and Church of Our Lady in Trier (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications (Unesco heritage, 69 mi)
- Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex in Essen (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Völklingen Ironworks (Unesco heritage, 97 mi)
- Mill Network at Kinderdijk-Elshout (Unesco heritage, 114 mi)
- Rietveld Schröderhuis (Rietveld Schröder House) (Unesco heritage, 114 mi)
- Golf Blue Green Durbuy (Golf course, 16 mi)
- Golf & Country Club Henri-Chapelle (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Golf Club Mergelhof (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Royal Golf Club des Fagnes (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Greenhouse Golf St. Vith (Golf course, 23 mi)
- GaiaZoo (zoo, (22 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 50.600 and 6.300 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 50° 35' 59" and E 6° 18' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:15 AM (Monday)
- Timezone: Europe/Berlin
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:20 am and 7:34 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Germany.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Germany. Last Update: 2020-09-20 07:18:49
Simmerath in Cologne District (North Rhine-Westphalia) with it's 15,646 citizens is a town in Germany about 333 mi (or 536 km) south-west of Berlin, the country's capital city.
Current time in Simmerath is now 09:15 AM (Monday). The local timezone is named Europe / Berlin with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports near Simmerath, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Germany is Aachen-Merzbrück Airport in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Germany is Aachen Cathedral in a distance of 15 mi (or 25 km), North-West. Also, if you like playing golf, there are a few options in driving distance. We discovered 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Roetgen, Hurtgenwald, Hellenthal, Langerwehe and Kreuzau. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 21°C / 70 °F
|Morning Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Evening Temperature||13°C / 56 °F|
|Night Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Calm with 2 km/h (1 mph) from West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Tuesday, 22nd of September 2020
21°C (69 °F)
12°C (54 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 23rd of September 2020
19°C (66 °F)
14°C (58 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, broken clouds.
Thursday, 24th of September 2020
14°C (57 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, few clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Kragemann Hotel und Vinothek
Michel & Friends Hotel Monschau (ex Carat Hotel)
Land-gut-Hotel Zum Alten Forsthaus
De Lange Man
Im Waldhotel Wiesengrund
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Bernd Tesch Travel Taschen: Alukoffer. Alubox. Gepäck. Motorrad. Reise.
Heydo Motorrad-REISENDE nah und fern. Danke für den Besuch meiner websites und des Videos! Alu-Boxen lösen deine Probleme: Gepäck-Unterbringung. Schwerpunkt tiefer legen. Sicherheit beim.
Sony DSC-HX50V Testvideo Freihand Autofahrt L246 Monschau - Simmerath
Kurzer Video-Test der Sony DSC-HX50V. Die Kamera wurde während der Fahrt einfach freihand nach vorne gehalten. Das Video ist Dank des Stabilisators sehr ruhig geworden.
06.05.2012 Mailauf Simmerath
Vilvo filmt - http://www.vilvo.de : Mailauf Simmerath http://www.hansa-simmerath.de/mailauf/
KALL 09-01-2011 This video is strictly for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement intended.
Quadtreffen: Witzerath 2014
Vom 12. bis 14. September fand das Quadtreffen Witzerath 2014 statt. Wie im vergangenen Jahr gab es wieder eine Crosspiste und das beliebte Schlammloch.
Wolves'Grove Regency Dancers dance Upon a Summers'Day
Wolves'Grove Regency Dancers, performing in the Great Hall of Doorwerth Castle on July 1, 2012.
16.06.2012 Eventlauf Rollesbroich
Vilvo filmt - http://www.vilvo.de : Eventlauf Rollesbroich http://www.roland-rollesbroich.de.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Battle of Kesternich
Kesternich is a small village just inside the German border from Belgium. It was the site of two major battles during World War II. These battles are tied to the Siegfried Line Campaign, Battle of the Huertgen Forest, Battle of the Bulge, and Roer Dam Assault at the outset of Operation Lumberjack.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Simmerath.
Eicherscheid › South-West: Simmerath, Eicherscheid (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Simmerath, Зиммерат, Sömmert, Zömmert, Зимерат, Зіммерат, 锡默拉特