in Haute-Vienne of Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
- Limoges Airport (18 mi)
- Angoulême-Brie-Champniers Airport (29 mi)
- Périgueux-Bassillac Airport (43 mi)
- Brive-La Roche Airport (56 mi)
- Poitiers-Biard Airport (59 mi)
- Châtellerault Airport (68 mi)
- Bergerac-Roumanière Airport (70 mi)
- Sarlat Domme Airport (74 mi)
- Bordeaux-Mérignac (BA 106) Airport (101 mi)
- Tours-Val-de-Loire Airport (112 mi)
- Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (154 mi)
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Abbey Church of Saint-Savin sur Gartempe (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Prehistoric Sites and Decorated Caves of the Vézère Valley (Unesco heritage, 55 mi)
- Bordeaux, Port of the Moon (Unesco heritage, 69 mi)
- Jurisdiction of Saint-Emilion (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- The Loire Valley between Sully-sur-Loire and Chalonnes (Unesco heritage, 109 mi)
- Bourges Cathedral (Unesco heritage, 115 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 45.817 and 0.817 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 45° 49' 0" and E 0° 49' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- French, Breton, Corsican, Catalan, Basque, Occitan
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 02:09 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Paris
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 8:29 am and 5:46 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.783 and -176.817 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Waitangi West
- This place on Geonames.org
Rochechouart in Haute-Vienne (Nouvelle-Aquitaine) with it's 3,868 inhabitants is a city in France about 222 mi (or 357 km) south of Paris, the country's capital.
Local time in Rochechouart is now 02:09 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Paris with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Rochechouart, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in France is Limoges Airport in a distance of 18 mi (or 29 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in France is Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France in a distance of 44 mi (or 71 km), South. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Confolens, Nontron, Bellac, Limoges and Glandon. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 9°C / 48 °F
|Morning Temperature||-1°C / 31 °F|
|Evening Temperature||5°C / 40 °F|
|Night Temperature||2°C / 36 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1036 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (3 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 59% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Wednesday, 22nd of January 2020
9°C (49 °F)
4°C (39 °F)
Scattered clouds, light breeze.
Thursday, 23rd of January 2020
11°C (51 °F)
6°C (42 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Friday, 24th of January 2020
12°C (53 °F)
5°C (41 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Tricot Graffiti à Saint-Junien
11 octobre 2014, la première édition du Tricot Graffiti à Saint-Junien à l'occasion de la fête de la laine. Par ici la visite !
dépare du défilé de camion a saint junien
déso elle est de coté je me suis trompé de sens en la film avec le portable lol.
MAG 01 in Saint Junien (LFBJ)
Lors de l'AG Air Souris Set 2012 le MAG01 est venu de Auch à Saint Junien pour le plaisir de tous. http://www.sourisbulle.es.
Guy JULIEN - Saint Junien 2012 - 1.ere manche
Championnat de France d'Autocross a Saint Junien - Division 2/2 Litres Premiere manche qualificative avec la caméra embarquée de Guy JULIEN vice Champion de France 2011.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Rochechouart is an impact crater in France. Its diameter is estimated to be about 21 km . Its most recent age estimate is 201 ±2 million years ago, placing it close to Triassic-Jurassic boundary. Since then the crater has been deeply eroded, and no trace of its original surface morphology is visible. The crater appears to be too small to account for the Triassic–Jurassic extinction event.
Château de Rochechouart
Château de Rochechouart is a thirteenth century French castle, located at the top of the confluence of the Grêne and Vayres rivers in the commune of Rochechouart within the département of Haute-Vienne.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Rochechouart.