in Province du Hainaut of Wallonia, Belgium
- Maubeuge-Élesmes Airport (12 mi)
- Valenciennes-Denain Airport (18 mi)
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport (28 mi)
- Lille-Lesquin Airport (34 mi)
- Wevelgem Airport (38 mi)
- Suarlée Airport (42 mi)
- Brussels Airport (43 mi)
- Laon - Chambry Airport (58 mi)
- Liège Airport (72 mi)
- Maastricht Aachen Airport (91 mi)
- Eindhoven Airport (97 mi)
- Charles de Gaulle International Airport (113 mi)
- Major Mining Sites of Wallonia (Unesco heritage, 1 mi)
- Neolithic Flint Mines at Spiennes (Mons) (Unesco heritage, 7 mi)
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- The Four Lifts on the Canal du Centre and their Environs, La Louvière and Le Roeulx (Hainaut) (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Notre-Dame Cathedral in Tournai (Unesco heritage, 23 mi)
- Belfries of Belgium and France (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Major Town Houses of the Architect Victor Horta (Brussels) (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- La Grand-Place, Brussels (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Stoclet House (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Flemish Béguinages (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Mont Garni Golf Club (Golf course, 5 mi)
- Royal Golf Club Du Hainaut (Golf course, 7 mi)
- Golf Club Enghien (Golf course, 20 mi)
- Golf & Country Club Oudenaarde (Golf course, 30 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 50.433 and 3.827 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 50° 25' 58" and E 3° 49' 38"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Dutch, French, German
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:53 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Europe/Brussels
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:43 am and 9:40 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,1 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Belgium.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Belgium. Last Update: 2022-05-26 08:19:34
Hornu in Province du Hainaut (Wallonia) is a city in Belgium about 37 mi (or 59 km) south-west of Brussels, the country's capital.
Local time in Hornu is now 10:53 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Europe / Brussels with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports in the vicinity of Hornu, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Maubeuge-Élesmes Airport in France in a distance of 12 mi (or 20 km). The closest airport in Belgium is Brussels South Charleroi Airport in a distance of 28 mi (or 20 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Belgium is Major Mining Sites of Wallonia in a distance of 1 mi (or 1 km), East. Also, if you like golfing, there are multiple options in driving distance.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Chasse Royale, Valenciennes, Frasnes-lez-Anvaing, Enghien and Avesnes-sur-Helpe. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 18°C / 65 °F
|Morning Temperature||11°C / 52 °F|
|Evening Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Night Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1023 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 92% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Friday, 27th of May 2022
18°C (65 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Saturday, 28th of May 2022
17°C (63 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Broken clouds, moderate breeze.
Sunday, 29th of May 2022
12°C (54 °F)
6°C (43 °F)
Overcast clouds, moderate breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Dialogue Hainaut télévisé : Ecole hotelière de Saint-Ghislain
Le Lycée provincial de Saint-Ghislain accueillera bientôt un centre d'excellence des métiers de l'hôtellerie.
Google - Les hommes et les femmes derrière la technologie
Un an après l'officialisation de son partenariat avec Google, le Mundaneum est allé à la rencontre des employés du data center de Saint-Ghislain (Belgique).
La 7833 à Saint-Ghislain
La 7833 SNCB en démonstration au Musée du Rail de Saint-Ghislain. CIMG3907.AVI.
La 64169 en démonstration au Musée du rail de Saint-Ghislain.
La 64169 en démonstration au Musée du rail de Saint-Ghislain à l'occasion des journées du patrimoine. CIMG1419.AVI.
Festival cité métisse saint-ghislain 2012 - Les Petlessons
Festival cité métisse saint-ghislain 2012 - Les Petlessons.
Musée du rail de Saint-Ghislain.
Mouvements dans les emprises du musée à bord de la 7305 du PFT. Croisement de la 64169 du PFT. CIMG1416.AVI.
JOBE CLICK Clinic Tour at BCP - Belgium Cable Park
À l'occasion du JOBE ClicK Clinic Tour, l'équipe Waterwood a pu découvrir en avant-première le BCP (Belgium Cable Park), un nouveau téléski nautique basé sur le Lac des Herbières à...
ascencion 2012 par rino foto
video promo pour l'ascencion 2012 a saint-ghislain....LE PODIUM organisé par le CAP-SUD et le MICHEL-ANGE...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The Borinage is an area in the Walloon province of Hainaut. The provincial capital Mons is located in the east of the Borinage. In French the inhabitants are called Borains. But there was a great sociological difference between Mons and the Borains of all the villages around Mons.
Grand-Hornu is an old industrial mining complex in Hornu in the municipality of Boussu, Belgium. It was built by Henri De Gorge between 1810 and 1830. It is a unique example of functional town-planning. Today it is owned by the province of Hainaut, which houses temporary exhibitions in the buildings. As one of four Major Mining Sites of Wallonia, UNESCO designated it a World Heritage Site in 2012
Petit Wasmes is a village near Wasmes in the municipality of Colfontaine in Belgium. It was once the home of Vincent van Gogh.
Saint-Ghislain Airport (in French, Aérodrome de Saint-Ghislain) is a small airfield located in Saint-Ghislain, province of Hainaut, Belgium. Privately managed, the airport is home to an active flight school (Aéroclub du Borinage), but also to other aeronautical oriented leisure activities, such as old aircraft restoration, or amateur aircraft building. A modernization of the airport was completed in 1992, including a hard-surfacing of the single runway.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Hornu.